How do you like them apples?

The Complications Shall Remain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can I come along?"

Kris frowned as he saw Chanyeol ask Minho and Tao if he could tag along with them just before they left for the arcade. This wasn't the first; whenever anybody was going to go out with Minho, Chanyeol always seemed to want to go with them. 

Doesn't he get enough of Minho? They share the same room, after all. 

Kris watched as Tao agreed, not thinking too much of the situation. But Kris knew something was up. His jaw shifted when he saw Minho place an arm around Chanyeol's hip and ruffled his hair.

When did they get so close?

Kris watched the three exit the building, Minho and Chanyeol acting as if they were the best of friends. Even Tao seemed a bit weirded out by their familiarity.

"You coming Kris?" Baekhyun's loud voice called out from the other room. They were currently in the middle of Xboxing, when Kris had come out to get a soda, and had seen this whole scene play out in front of him.

"Yeah!" Kris shouted back. With a last glance, he turned away from the sight, and ran back into his room, shaking his head.

Maybe he was overthinking this whole thing.


Chanyeol froze as Minho's arm s around his waist, but he couldn't push it away as to arouse suspicion from Tao. He was compelled to play along, and didn't even say anything when Minho's hand ran along his hair. He saw Tao shrink back a bit, and shrugged. He was probably a bit surprised as to how close they both had gotten in such a short time.

If only he knew...

"Do you guys wanna walk or should I call for a taxi?" Tao asked, trying not to get excluded. 

"It's not that far. Let's just walk." Minho stated before Chanyeol could say anything. Tao nodded his head, and the three made their way out the exit, Minho's arm not leaving Chanyeol.

Chanyeol shrugged. This was tiring.


"Where were you?" Baekhyun asked once Kris returned. "You know I hate pausing for long in between games." His eyes went over to Kris' empty hands. "And where's my coke?"

"They didn't have any left." Kris lied through his teeth. He had been distracted after seeing Chanyeol, and had completely forgotten about their drinks.

"Never mind," Baekhyun sighed. "Let's just continue our game." Picking up his controller, and sitting down near Baekhyun, Kris pressed the resume button. As the two sat there, waiting for the game to load, Kris smiled. It was at times like this, when he couldn't think straight, he was glad to have Baekhyun help take his mind of things.

"Hey, Baek?" 

"Yeah?"

"Thanks." Baekhyun looked at Kris, surprised at the suddeness. 

"W-what for?"

"For being such a good friend." Baekhyun's heart leapt a bit inside his chest. It hurt, it hurt that Kris just thought of him as a friend. But even then, he couldn't be completely unhappy. When a person you love says something like that to you, you can't help but feel at least a little bit of joy.

"It's starting." Kris said, as he glanced at the screen. He immediately got to shooting down the zombies again, furiously hitting at the buttons on his controller.

"You asleep, Baek?" Kris asked jokingly. Baekhyun smiled and picked up his controller.

"I'm right here, Kris. Always." The last part was said under the boy's breath and was not heard by the elder.


"How did you get so good?" Tao demanded, pulling at Minho's shirt. "Nobody has ever beaten me in that game!"

"What's the matter, Tao?" Suho asked, as he saw Chanyeol, Tao and Minho walk into the room. The rest of the members were there too, finishing up after a practice.

"Tao lost to Minho at some stupid arcade game, and he's being a sore loser about it," Chanyeol said tiredly. "That's all I've been hearing about the way back."

"It's not a stupid game!" Tao said fiercely. "It's a complex-"

"What's that?" Kai asked pointing to a keychain sticking out of Chanyeol's pocket.

"N-nothing," Chanyeol stuttered, trying to stuff it back in his pocket, but Minho pulled it out all the same.

"It's a bunny keychain I won for Chanyeollie." Minho smiled proudly and held it up for all the others to see. 

"Is anybody even listening to me-"

"Chanyeollie?" Sehun snickered. The rest looked like they was about to crack up too. Kris frowned.

"I didn't ask for it!" Chanyeol said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter