Happy Endings might be cheesy....But at least they're happy.

The Complications Shall Remain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was skimming through his phone when he saw Kris and Chanyeol enter the room, the latter’s face buried in the former’s nape. He could make out a faint smile plastered on Chanyeol’s face, and Kris looked pretty happy too, so he knew that something good had happened.

Plus, Kris didn’t look like he was angry at Baekhyun any longer, which was relief to the boy.

“I’m going to leave you guys alone now, OK?” Baekhyun said, getting up from his chair and switching off the TV. Chanyeol nodded, and Baekhyun was just about to exit the room, when Kris lightly got hold of his arm.

“Baekhyun, can you wait for me in front of the hospital?” Baekhyun was a bit taken aback, but he nodded his head nonchalantly and was out the room. Kris turned over to Chanyeol, who had by now resumed his position on the bed.

“Yeol, rest for a while. I’ll be back in a few, okay?” Chanyeol felt disappointed, but he still smiled in approval. Kris walked over to the boy and gently pressed his lips against Chanyeol’s forehead. With a last loving gaze at the boy, Kris was out the door.

Chanyeol sat there, staring for a minute at the door, until he snapped out of his reverie. Grabbing the TV remote from the nearby chair, Chanyeol switched it open and flicked through the channels, before finally deciding on the news broadcast.

His smile, and the warmth Kris’ kiss had left, both faltered on seeing Minho’s picture being displayed under the title ‘Breaking News’.

 

“What is it, Kris?” Baekhyun questioned as he saw the older walk toward him.

“You know, Byun Baekhyun, this is the last time you ever pull me away from my Channie. Like seriously, whenever I want to be with him the most, I can’t, because I have to run after you!” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“You’re the one who always wants to talk, not me,” The younger reminded.

“It’s your fault.” Kris said, rubbing the crook of his neck. “You never tell me your true feelings. You always lie.”

“W-what do you mean?”

 “I want to be with him; but I can’t. Not until I’ve sorted out with you. It’s frustrating too, since we just kissed and I wanted to cuddle him afterward.” Kris watched Baekhyun stiffen up, and even though the younger tried to hide it, it was no use.

“Yes, Baekhyun. We kissed. How does that make you feel?”

“Why the heck are you even telling me this. It’s not like-“

“Because you like me, god dammnit!” Kris exclaimed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter