Change

The Complications Shall Remain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baekhyun?"

The statement got him by surprise. Looking away from his screen, Baekhyun scrunched his eyes, trying to make out the person in the darkness.

"It's me, Kris." A small voice emerged, but that was all to get Baekhyun hurrying. Getting on his feet, the boy scurried to the front door. He was about to exit, when Kris caught hold of his shoulder and spun him around.

"I'm not letting you run away." 

"W-why aren't you with Chanyeol?" Baekhyun questioned clumsily, not able to maintain subtlety any longer.

"Because he's not the only important one right now." Baekhyun felt his eyes tear up, but he wasn't going to break down in front of Kris.

"Why did you do it?"

"Are you angry?" Baekhyun looked at Kris, his eyes wide with anxiety as to how the older would answer.

"You cannot coincide my question with yours," Kris said, his arms folded. Bakehyun looked away from the boy, a red tinge overcoming his face.

"Do...do I really have to answer?"

"We've been best friends for long, I think I deserve an explanation." Kris ran his fingers through his golden hair, awaiting an answer.

"I couldn't bear it, OK? The thought of you confessing to Chanyeol. I mean, you never even told me, your best friend..." Baekhyun's voice trailed off, a lump forming in his throat.

"You aren't telling me something either." Kris counter attacked. "But that doesn't mean I shouldn't have told you. I fell for Chanyeol hard, OK? I tried to deny it at first, but then I'd always have these weird feelings toward him, like wanting to hold him in my arms, or protect him or even kiss those beautiful lips of his." Kris paused. "I'm not grossing you out, am I?" He asked Baekhyun, who shook his head in response. He never knew...that Kris had this side to him. A side that he'd never known.

"So, will you tell me now?" Kris asked. "About why you did it?" Baekhyun's Adam's apple quivered as he felt Kris' cool stare on him.

"I wanted to protect you." Baekhyun lied. "Chanyeol wasn't going to tell you about Minho, and I didn't want you to find out after something serous happened between you two."

"What's so wrong about an ex? At Chanyeol's age, it's normal to have had one or two relationships." Kris said, rubbing his chin.

"I-" Baekhyun opened his mouth to say more, but decided against it. Chanyeol should be the one to say this to Kris, not him. 

"I appreciate what you've done for me." Kris' tone wasn't angry. It was cool and calm, but Baekhyun didn't miss the seriousness in Kris' eyes. "I'm sorry, Baekhyun. I know you were trying to protect me, and honestly, thank you for that. But, will you feel bad if I tell you to stop?" Kris walked to Baekhyun and cupped the younger's face in his hands.

"I love him." Kris smiled. "I love Chanyeol, and I'm not doing this for anyone but him. This is my choice. So, it's okay. You don't have to hassle yourself to protect me anymore."

It's not a hassle.

"Go to Chanyeol," Baekhyun muttered under his breath. 

"What?"

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun repeated. "He needs you more right now." Kris nodded, and ruffling Baekhyun's hair, flashed a gummy smile at the boy.

"You'll always be my bacon, right?" Baekhyun nodded weakly in response, and Kris with a content look, turned and ran back to the place he had left Chanyeol.

As soon as the boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter