The Second First Date (Was the first even a date?)

The Complications Shall Remain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That was amazing, hyung." Minho said, handing Suho a Gatorade. Suho smiled at the praise, while Chanyeol inwardly rolled his eyes. Minho was really laying it on thick.

His mind went back to the morning, when all the members had arrived to the studio and had met Minho. He had been so polite to them. Multiple personalities much?

Minho had always been like this. Even when they had first met, Minho had been so courteous that Chanyeol had been completely fooled. He had fallen hard, and had confessed only a few days after knowing the guy.

There's no need to think about that now, Chanyeol said. Bad memories are best left alone...

"Guys, I'm going to go meet the manager now. He told me to see him after I was done here." Minho said, walking toward the exit. He waved at all of them before going away.

"He seemed like a nice kid," Kai commented once Minho was gone. "Looked like he had potential too."

"And he was pretty easy on the eyes," Luhan said, agreeing.

"I guess that's enough practice for today, right?" Kyungsoo said tiredly, wiping himself off with a towel. "Should we go and get some lunch now?" Everybody nodded their heads in response, with the exception of two.

"Actually," Kris started. "Chanyeol and I are going to have lunch outside. We need to talk about...um, stuff. Is that fine with you guys?"

"Sure," Lay winked. "Go talk about your 'stuff'. We understand."

"It's not like that!" Kris protested. The urgency in his sentence tugged a bit at Chanyeol's heart strings. His eyes went over to Bakehyun, whom he saw had quite an unpleasant look on his face. Chanyeol remembered how Baekhyun had confessed to liking Kris a few days and cringed. How many feelings was he supposed to consider before his own?

"Then," Kris said, snapping Chanyeol's train of thought. "Shall we go?"

 

"This is really good." Chanyeol said, breaking of a piece of tiramasu cake and then polishing it of his spoon. "You sure you don't want some?"

"Nah," Kris said, crossing his arms. "It's not really my style."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at the familiar comment. "You said the same thing for chicken, and now you're always begging that we go eat at KFC."

"Fine, I'll try some." Kris lightly touched the surface of the cake and of the icing from his finger. His eyes widened.

"It's good isn't it?" Chanyeol smirked. 

"N-no. I mean, um, it's not bad, I guess..."

"Oh, c'mon!" Chanyeol protested. "I saw your eyes widening! You totally loved it!"

"It was OK, nothing to..."

"You can admit to loving it, I won't hold it against you..."

"Fine. It was great. Happy now?" Kris pouted. Chanyeol laughed.

"Rather. I love being right."


"So, what do you wanna do now?" Chanyeol asked, one they were out the café. Should we head back?" 

"Let's just walk for a bit before," Kris offered. Chanyeol smiled. He didn't feel like going back anyway. He wanted to stay alone with Kris for a while, without anyone else hogging him. Especially Baekhyun. Wait...what?

"Erm-" Chanyeol sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter