Over Before it Began

The Complications Shall Remain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're not paying attention!" 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and took a small nibble at his grilled cheese sandwich. He had been, against his will, dragged to brunch by their manager. And everybody knew that when Baekhyun didn't get his way, nobody would get theirs.

"I am, I am," Baekhyun insisted lazily. The manager though, did not look reassured. 

"This is important." He said, slapping his fist on the table for emphasis. "The reception for the joint concert was amazing. If we release the EP now, sales will be good." The manager paused for a while. Sighing, he picked up his herbal tea and took a long sip. "But, being your manager, your happiness is my first concern. So, tell me, why aren't you taking this seriously?"

"Because I had something important to take care of too." Baekhyun argued. "But you brought me here without my consent. Of course I'd be annoyed."

"Fine, I'm sorry." The manager admitted defeat. "If we start now, we can get this over in fifteen minutes. Then, you are free to go do whatever you want."

Baekhyun smiled and leaned forward toward the manager. "OK, tell me what I..." He was interrupted by a sudden ringing sound.

"Oh, that's mine," The manager said apologetically, gesturing toward the mobile in hands. "I'll be done in a second." Baekhun frowned and looked out the window, pondering. His mind went back to three months ago, when they had all just returned from an awards show. EXO had received a lot of awards that day, so everyone had been pretty darn happy.

"Look at these!" Luhan said happily, gazing at the awards they had received.

"This calls for a celebration, don't ya think? Suho grinned, and pulled out two champagne bottles from the mini fridge that always sat in the EXO studio. He knocked off the cork using his thumb.

A few minutes later, everyone was lolling around on the floor, motionless and drunk. While the others had called it a night and had gone home, Kris and Baekhyun were still going hard. At least, Kris was. Baekhyun had stopped after his second glass. He wasn't a big fan of drinking.

"Power to the Nazis!" Kris was standing on the top of the table, champagne bottle in one hand and the other hand raised and being shaken around madly.

"Kris, get down from there!" Baekhyun coaxed. "You'll get hurt!"

"You know," Kris said, sitting down on the table. "You need to loosen up, dude. Here," He said, holding out the bottle for Baekhyun. "Take your medicine."

Baekhyun took the bottle and tossed it away. Kris frowned. 

"Hey! What did you do that for?! You could just've refused if you didn't want it! Sheesh...what a waste." Kris got up and walked hazily, knocking into things as he passed them. Finally, he threw himself on the brown sofa that sat nearby the coffee table.

Baekhyun walked up to the sleeping figure and smiled. Kris's eyes were closed in a peaceful slumber and his lips were tightly shut. He was snoring softly, and almost looked...vulnerable.

Although he had never shown it, Baekhyun had always liked the guy. And now, that he looked so defenseless, Baekhyun couldn't resist. He bent down, and kissed Kris softly, on the lips.

"What are you doing?" Kris asked. Oops...looks like he hadn't been asleep after all.

"Uh, I-I was...just..." Baekhyun tried to find the right words as he broke away from Kris.

"You were what?" Kris's tone wasn't angry, or shocked or even surprised. It was calm. Deadly calm.

"I'm sorry." Baekhyun said, turning away. He was going to escape from the confrontation when Kris got his hand. He pulled at it and Baekhyun was suddenly lying on the sofa.

"Um...what are you doing?" Baekhyun asked, looking around awkwardly. He was trying not to look into Kris's eyes, which was hard considering the boy was so close to him.

"Isn't this what you want?" Kris grinned, a bit too naughtily. "You like me, don't you?"

Baekhyun was just going to reply, when he felt Kris's soft lips on his once again. Closing his eyes, he wrapped his hands around Kris's neck.

The aftermath of that night was still a blur.


"Um...Baekhyun? You there?" A familiar voice called out. Baekhyun's train of thought was interrupted.

"Oh?! Um, sorry...what did you say?" He said, looking up to where the voice had come from. It was Lay.

"Dude, I just said hi to you like, four times in a row. You alright?"

"Yeah, I was just thinking about something. Anyway, what are you doing here?"

"I came to collect the plans for the next concert. He had them," Lay answered, pointing to the manager, who was currently digging through his briefcase.

"Oh," Baekhyun said, uninterested. He then remembered the call he had received from Lay.

"Hey, when you called...what was that about Kris spending the day with Chanyeol or something?"

"I went to Chanyeol's place in the morning and he was aski

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter