Revenge

The Complications Shall Remain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol sat at the edge of his bed, head in his hands. He was shaking violently with every sob and his eyes had become red from wiping at so much.

He didn't want this. He had never wanted Kris to know about his ed up past, but now the truth would come out, no matter what.

Chanyeol touched his chest, just below his left collar bone and winced. The injury had long healed, but the one in his heart would never. It was not like that incident had left him heartbroken, just...shaken.

Chanyeol fell into his bed, wetting the sheets with his pouring tears.

He would rest for a while. After all, when he woke up, everything would be over.

Kris would hate him.


"Minho!" Chanyeol shouted his boyfriends' name happily, smiling the dorkiest smile ever. He waved his hands in the hair spastically, earning looks from the rest of the people in the restaurant. He didn't care though, he was too excited to care about them.

"Chanyeol." Minho breathed, waving back. "His fists clenched at the grins from the other people. Chanyeol was very enthusiastic, and Minho appreciated that side of him, but he could overdo it at times.

"Hi!" Chanyeol plopped down on the seat across Minho. "How are you, Minnie?"

"I told you not to call me that." Minho reminded, an irritated look on his face. "And don't shout, we're in a public place."

"Oh, sorry." Chanyeol apologized, hurt. He still smiled though.

"Anyway, guess what?" Minho said excitedly, not noticing his boyfriend's discomfort. "I got promoted again today."

"Really?" Chanyeol, in an instant, forgot his insecurity after seeing Minho's face light up. "But your last promotion was only two months ago!"

"The CEO told me that I'm gifted and also that I work hard. He said that if I continue like this, the next promotion might be even faster!"

"I'm so happy for you. You deserve it, you work so hard."

"So do you," Minho said, ruffling Chanyeol's hair. "My Chanyeollie is going to be a star, some day, is he not?"

"I'm still a trainee." Chanyeol blushed. "I have to work hard before I can debut."

"We'll both work hard!" Minho said, raising a fist. "Fighting!"

"Fighting!" Chanyeol repeated, grinning from ear to ear.



"You forgot."

Chanyeol wiped away a silent tear. "You forgot our two year anniversary. How could you?"

Minho didn't answer the question. Yanking off his tie, he collapsed onto the sofa that sat nearby and grabbed a copy of The Korea Times that lay on the coffee table. He opened it up and started skimming through the headlines, as if nothing had happened.

"Stop ignoring me!" Chanyeol cried out, snatching away the paper from Minho's hands. He threw it across the room.

"I was reading that!" Minho got up suddenly. "You insolent bit-" he stopped when he saw Chanyeol whimper away in fear, like a puppy getting wet in the rain.

"Ugh." Minho said, turning his eyes away from the boy. "I'm going to sleep." Chanyeol raised his hand to catch Minho's sleeve and stop him, but it stopped. He slowly pulled his arm back, fighting back the tears. His eyes wandered over to the ribboned Bordeaux winebottle that sat on the kitchen counter. He had bought it to go along with the three course meal he had cooked to celebrate his and Minho's anniversary.

How did it turn out this way?
 


"Don't touch me." Chanyeol said, his tone of voice serious. "I'll not hesitate to hit you if I have to."

"Let me explain," Minho said frantically. "It wasn't how it looked like, I wa-"

"It was exactly how it looked like!" Chanyeol exclaimed, throwing his hands up in exasperation. "That of a lady had her hands all over you, and if that isn't enough to prove you were cheating, then just look at all the lipstick marks over your neck! And don't try to use the 'I didn't initiate it' excuse."

"But I didn't! She just pulled me forward and kissed me!"

"Who told you to kiss her back?!" Chanyeol exclaimed, eyes cloudy. Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter