#sapphire

vibrant colours. ☁
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vibrant Colours. ☁

Chapter 21 #Sapphire
 

The door flew open and a person came charging angrily inside.

“What is this, Donghae?” Leeteuk threw a translucent file in front of Donghae, and the latter picked it up to flip through its contents calmly, before setting it back on the small table at the side.

Donghae gave a shrug. “It’s what you think it is.”

Leeteuk glared at him. “Well then, care to explain?”

“Can I say no?” Donghae joked, ducking to avoid getting hit by the vase Leeteuk hurled at him. “I guess not, “ he muttered under his breath when the vase shattered into pieces beside him.

Donghae sank back into the sofa. “So, where do you want me to start?”

“This strictly classified police record from ten years ago, documented the theft of the infamous diamond necklace rumored to be a heirloom of the British Royal family. At that time, the Lee’s were going to put the diamond necklace up for an important charity auction, but the necklace was stolen a night before the auction- “ Leeteuk paused, taking a quick glance at Donghae, “  -by a boy from Sapphire Orphanage. If I am not wrong, you’re that boy.”

“Great analytical skills you’ve got there, hyung, ” Donghae commented with sarcasm. “But, you’re right. I’m that boy.”

Leeteuk nodded. “Why?”

Donghae laughed. “You’re asking me why? Hyung, that diamond necklace is worth billions in the black market. If it becomes mine, that’s gonna last us for a lifetime even if we quit work for the rest of our life.”

“Really?” Leeteuk continued in a highly doubtful tone, “Then why didn’t you tell me you had already found Lee Eunhyuk ten years ago? That sure doesn’t make sense at all.”

“I’ve trust issues, hyung.” Donghae smirked, “How can I trust you? Who knows if you might have designs on that necklace too.”

Leeteuk narrowed his eyes. “You’re lying, Donghae. I know that.” Reaching forward, he grabbed Donghae’s arm, “What are you trying to hide from me?”

“Nothing!” Donghae yelled, pushing Leeteuk away. “Will you just stop asking? You’re getting on my nerves!”

“Enough of your nonchalant attitude!” Leeteuk grabbed his dongsaeng, shaking him by his shoulders. “I’m your hyung and I want to help you, Donghae! But in order to do that, I need you to help me, and you can start by telling me the truth! Why did the Lee’s return to Korea after six years and why did they accuse you of stealing that piece of jewellery?”

“...I don’t know, ” Donghae spoke after a long while. He closed his eyes briefly. When he opened them again, those eyes were full of sadness and a hint of confusion. “I really want to know too. I want to know why he came back completely different, and I want to know how he could easily forget my existence in merely six years.”

“Donghae- ”

“ -I’m okay, hyung,” Donghae gave a reassuring smile. “My classmates, some of them belonged to families who were business partners of the Lee’s, and I heard from them that the Lee’s returned for vacation, and probably for that charity auction. Hearing this, my first thought was to barge into the house to find Lee Eunhyuk, but I couldn’t get in as there was heavy security all over the residence. I had to devise a way to get in.”

“Finally, one day, luck was on my side. Lee Eunhyuk had sneaked out of his house without his bodyguards. I tailed after him all the way until he stopped outside my orphanage and stayed there for a long time just staring at the building. I wanted to walk right up to him and accuse him of ditching me, of betraying me, but in the end, my rationality kept a reign on me, so I flipped over the wall and pretended I was still living in the orphanage. I grabbed the mud from the floor and rubbed it all over myself, at the same time imagining what would be Lee Eunhyuk’s reaction when he sees me.”

“Would he fall onto his knees and beg for my forgiveness, saying how sorry he is for not coming back to save me? Would he hug me tightly in his arms, whispering how much he’s missed me? And would he repeat those three words he’d told me before he left?”

Then Donghae paused. A bitte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter