#orchid

vibrant colours. ☁
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vibrant Colours. ☁

Chapter 18 #Orchid

The mysterious man in black handed Donghae a brown envelope before disappearing as quickly as he appeared.

Almost immediately, Donghae's phone rang. "Leeteuk hyung? What is it?"

"The results we got from tailing Lee Hyukjae this entire month."

Holding back a frown, Donghae slit the envelope open. Inside, there was a stack of photos. The more Donghae scrutinised them, the deeper his frown went. All those photos seemed to suggest that Hyukjae was seeing someone else behind his back. One was taken in a cafeteria, Hyukjae and the man present in almost every photo, were sharing a drink intimately.

Donghae suddenly had the crazy urge to punch something or someone. "Who the is he?"

"Ken, 32. American born Korean. The second heir of Kendal Enterprise. He came back to Korea only just a month ago. He is a PhD in Psychology at the Oxford University. Oh, and, his father and Hyukjae's are long-term business partners as well as good friends."

"....whatever you're going to do, be careful of him, Donghae. He isn't someone to be easily fooled with."

Taking one last look at those photos in his hands, Donghae replied, "I will." 

Then, he crushed and tossed them into the nearest bin. 

Lee Eunhyuk, I'm no longer the gullible Donghae you used to know. 

☁ ☁ ☁
 

"Mr Lee Donghae, will you have Mr Lee Hyukjae, to be your wedded husband, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony; will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only for him, so long as you both shall live?"

The attractive man in an elegant white suit reached for the hand of an equally striking male dressed in a matching black tuxedo beside him, before smiling, "I will."

The old pastor nodded approvingly and moved on to repeat the same lines, except this time, the question was directed at the other groom. 

The man cleared his throat, "I..."

Everyone in the audience held their breath as they waited for his answer. Only the occasional ringing of the chimes in the church could be heard.

I don't want you to marry Lee Donghae. Don't marry him.

That familiar voice rang in Hyukjae's head.

You don't need to marry him, now that I'm back with you. I'll accompany you and see you through your recovery. If he loves you, he'll understand.

Hyukjae drew his hand back abruptly. "I'm sorry."

Everyone in the church hall gasped aloud.

Hyukjae had his head hung low, not daring to see Donghae's expression. Donghae would obviously be mad at him.

"Hyukkie, I don't understand," Donghae's voice was surprisingly calm. "I thought you accepted my proposal?"

"I know, I'm sorry." Hyukjae tried to control his unsteady voice. "But, I-I can't marry you now."

"Why did you change your mind? Was it something I did?" Donghae reached for Hyukjae, frowning when Hyukjae dodged him yet again.

"No, it's not your problem." Hyukjae shook his head immediately. "It's me. I'm not prepared for this."
 
Biting his lip, he looked up at Donghae pleadingly. "I just...just need to sort out my thoughts. Hae, please give me some time. I'm really sorry."

If he loves you, he'll understand. Hyukjae knew he probably sounded unreasonable to Donghae, still, he hoped that Ken was right.

"I thought I could at least trust you to keep your words on this, " Hyukjae's heart skipped a be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter