#ruby

vibrant colours. ☁
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vibrant Colours. ☁

Chapter 11 #Ruby

Hyukjae didn't really get any sleep at all last night. He tossed and turned in bed, frowning over how he managed to make the cheesiest confession on earth. Luckily, cheesy as it might be, Donghae still accepted him. But the sad consequence of staying up the whole night was evident when he walked into campus with two striking dark circles around his eyes. Sungmin compared him to a giant panda, and Hyukjae thought to himself, if he is one then he must be the cutest panda ever existed.

Just when Hyukjae yawned the fifteenth time since he'd stepped into campus, a pair of strong arms suddenly slid around his waist. Hyukjae released a soft gasp as he got pulled into the other person's embrace.

"Who are you thinking of?" 

Hyukjae stifled the delicious shiver that ran down his spine when the low, velvety voice spoke. 

He clutched the hand that wrapped around his torso possessively, "Quit sneaking up on me, Donghae."

The named hummed, then pouted childishly. "Seems like you've gotten used to it. It's not fun anymore."

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and snorted, "How is sneaking up on me even fun? Do you enjoy scaring me that much?"

"Of course, " Donghae nodded. "You don't know how adorable you look when you're frightened."

"Here, let me show you, " he let go of Hyukjae excitedly to demonstrate, "First, your eyes will bulge this big just like a goldfish's, then your nostrils will flare up, and that pouty mouth of yours will hang open comically."

Hyukjae stared in horror at the highly distorted face of his boyfriend, and the corners of his mouth tugged downwards.

"Do I really look like that?"

"Yes, you do." Donghae nodded non-stop.

Hyukjae scrunched his face together, yelling, "But that's so ugly!"

Seeing that Hyukjae looked ready to cry, Donghae quickly stopped his silly demonstration. He had only meant to tease Hyukjae, not make him upset. Feeling flustered, he tried to explain, "Hey, don't be upset. I think that's still very cute!"

Hyukjae shot him a look of utter betrayal, not the least convinced. 

Donghae shifted awkwardly, "I mean, I really like how you look. And to be honest, I think I probably won't get tired of looking at you."

The corner of Hyukjae's mouth twitched. Then, he held his stomach and erupted into fits of laughter.

"Aha! Got you!"

He pointed a finger at Donghae's serious face. "You really thought I was upset? Gosh, that's so silly!"

Now that he knew Hyukjae tricked him, Donghae was torn between feeling relieved and punishing his boyfriend who actually grew the guts overnight. He kept his face passive till Hyukjae's laughter slowly died down.

"What?" Hyukjae asked, a bit timid. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

To his dismay, Donghae remained silent, and this made Hyukjae's heart beat faster. He was starting to regret fooling Donghae. 

Hyukjae whined inwardly, why the hell did he have to get himself such a scary boyfriend?

Taking a deep breath to calm his pathetic heart, he tried to smile at Donghae to somewhat salvage the situation, but failed miserably. Finally, he gave up and pushed Donghae meekly.

"H-Hey stop that. You're making me nervous."

Donghae ignored him and maintained a poker face.

Realising Donghae wasn't going to let him off so easily, Hyukjae took a large step backwards.

"L-Look, you can't really do anything to me, " he stammered, gesturing at their surroundings wildly. "We are in the middle of the campus."

Donghae raised his brow doubtfully, "Is that so?"

Hyukjae swallowed and held out both hands in front of him, retreating somemore.

"Yah, I-I'm warning you..don't you dare do.." He trailed off when Donghae took a wide stride and closed the distance between them.

"Do what?" Donghae asked, a smirk upon his face.

Reaching up to cup the back of Hyukjae's neck with one hand, Donghae gently tugged him closer.

"This?" he whispered beside Hyukjae's ear.

Hyukjae shuddered from the hot breath tickling his sensitive ears. He just barely managed to stop himself from purring aloud.

"Or this?" Donghae captured the boy's earlobe with his teeth and tugged it lightly. Seeming bent on torturing Hyukjae, Donghae let his tongue dart out to at the soft earlobe, immediately rendering Hyukjae into a useless puddle.

"Ah, " Hyukjae moaned, grabbing a fistful Donghae's shirt as he leaned bonelessly into the latter's arms.

"C-Can we carry on somewhere else?" he begged desperately.

Donghae grinned, "Sure."

 

☁ ☁ ☁


"Have the decency to at least lock the ing door!"

Kyuhyun scowled at the couple who just set foot into the lounge. They bore the afterglow from their hot makeout session in the gents, which Kyuhyun had unfortunately walked in on.

Donghae merely gave a shrug while Hyukjae apologised with a heavy blush on his face.

"Your gayness is seriously getting to me, " Kyuhyun continued with an annoyed huff.

"Oh c'mon, like you're not gay." Donghae dismissed him easily as he put an arm around Hyukjae's shoulders.

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes. "I am not gay."

"You are."

"Am so not, " Kyuhyun retorted, looking ready to fight.

Donghae gave Hyukjae a peck on his face and replied, "You are. I'm quite sure."

Kyuhyun grunted. "How are you so sure?"

"Well, someone can prove it for me."

Kyuhyun crossed his arms, "Who?"

"Him!" Donghae and Hyukjae chorused as they pointed to someone behind Kyuhyun.

Irritated and puzzled, Kyuhyun whipped around and found himself face to face with Lee Sungmin. He cursed under his breath.

"What the are you doing here?"

"Language, Kyu." Sungmin patted the gamer on his head, who swatted it away.

"Who the gave you permission to call me that?"

Sungmin tilted his head to the side, thinking, "When we were drunk that day? You forced me to call you Kyu."

"You two were drunk!?" the Haehyuk couple quipped interestedly.

"Liar!" Kyuhyun bellowed. "How could you remember if you were also drunk?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter