#tangerine

vibrant colours. ☁
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vibrant Colours. ☁

Chapter 14 #Tangerine

There's a saying which goes, 'Better a cruel truth, than a comfortable delusion'. 

It is a wise quote. Yet, we always choose to deceive ourselves. We believe in what we want, not what is happening in reality because we lack the courage to face the harsh consequences accompanying the hard truth. And in the end, we still refuse to admit that we are really, just a bunch of cowardly idiots.

A very strangled, bitter laughter slowly escaped his throat as he stared at the crumpled sheets of paper in his hands.

It's funny how people spend their whole life chasing after something as obscure as happiness, only to have it taken away from them so easily.

The clear skies suddenly loomed with dark clouds, and big fat drops of rain started falling onto the now empty playground. He was quickly drenched from head to toe by the abrupt and heavy downpour, however seeking shelter was the last thing on his mind now.

He knew.

So he wasn't at all surprised when the papers containing confidential data confirmed the suspicions he had all along. He could of course deceive himself that once was merely a coincidence, but then the second, third and subsequent times?

Still, he was hopeful.

He had been naive enough to hope that maybe the heavens decided to let him off after making his life so miserable, even if he'd greatly sinned in his past life, he would have already repaid them through all the sufferings he withstood in the past twenty years of his life, maybe he deserved to be happy like everyone else, and maybe..there's someone in this world who might actually offer him the love he craved so much for. 

Immediately, he was proven how very wrong he was. Nothing changed. He was still the same unlucky wretched kid who watched both his parents get brutally murdered, then get dumped in a shabby orphanage because none of his relatives wanted to take care of a handicapped boy who couldn't even fry a simple egg simply because he was color blind and he couldn't tell whether it was raw or cooked, and just when he thought he'd met an angel who didn't bully him unlike the rest of the kids in the orphanage, it turned out to be a devil who fed him to the beasts to be used like a cheap .

Luckily, this time, he remembered another saying by heart, and it goes, 'Once bitten, twice shy'.

When you get your heart cruelly ripped out from your chest, fresh and dripping with blood, you learn to live without it.

You become heartless, and-

Revenge is your only salvation.

☁ ☁ ☁

Clothes were scattered messily all over the apartment. In the bedroom reeking of hot, steamy , two sweaty bodies were cuddled up together intimately, tangled between the sheets of the large king-sized bed.

Donghae rested his forehead against Hyukjae's shoulder, still breathless from the amazing earlier, and the latter pulled him closer with an arm slung possessively around his waist.

"I love you, Donghae."

Donghae hummed softly and pressed a kiss to the broad chest underneath. He snuggled up even closer, trying to get more of Hyukjae's warmth. He was feeling pretty sore at his lower body, apparently not used to the switch of roles, but he's not going to complain.

"Donghae?" Hyukjae tightened the arm around his distracted boyfriend. "What's on your mind?"

Donghae did not answer him, instead, he trailed a finger down Hyukjae's chest, stopping at his abdomen, and laying his palm flat to brush suggestively against the sensitive skin there.

Hyukjae in a huge breath. "Donghae!" he grabbed those naughty hands, hissing, "Are you trying to test my self-restraint?"

Donghae freed himself from Hyukjae's grasp easily, straddling the stunned man at his hips and smirking, "Don't you want to go another round?"

Hyukjae widened his eyes in surprise as Donghae grinded his hips eagerly. "Aren't you sore?" he asked uncertainly. "I would love to, but I don't want to hurt you." He rejected Donghae since he couldn't push away the feeling that there was somthing odd with him today.

"Hyukjae, I'm ." Donghae purred seductively, grinding his hips again. He reached for the glass of red wine by the bed, took a swig of it, and pressed down, offering his lips to Hyukjae. 

All thoughts immediately flew out of the window at the nose bleed worthy scene, Hyukjae opened his mouth to welcome the hot kiss as Donghae fed him the red liquid with his passionate tongue. Needless to say, another round of intense making out followed, eventually, Donghae was rendered boneless on the bed, unable to even lift a finger.

"Eugh, I'm not going to be able to get out of bed tommorow, " Donghae complained w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter