#olive

vibrant colours. ☁
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vibrant Colours. ☁

Chapter 16 #Olive

Donghae tugged the large black gym bag over his shoulder and shoved his way through the peak hour crowd in the train station, headed for gate number 19. As he approached the designated gate, the voice spoke again from his bluetooth, "Take five steps to your right, you'll see a CCTV camera. the bag and display it to the camera."

Obeying the order, Donghae took five steps to his right, and true enough, when he lifted his head, he could see a white CCTV camera directly facing him with its red light flashing on. Looking around to make sure that no one was staring in his direction, Donghae ped the gym bag slowly, revealing an entire stash of cash totalling up to 500 million KRW.

"The next train comes in 3 minutes. Board it and alight at the last stop. Do not try any tricks." The call was cut off immediately.

A short string of curse came from the hidden mini earpiece in his other ear. "The call was too short. We couldn't track him."

Despite the bad news, Donghae seemed relatively calm.

"Do as he says for now. We will be tailing after you using the GPS tracker attached to your clothes."

The next train came quickly as the kidnapper's words. Moving to the corner of the carriage, Donghae picked an empty seat and sat down before pushing the gym bag underneath his seat. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a simple silver wedding ring and looked at it thoughtfully.


"I want the two of you to get married."

Donghae frowned at the words from the frail, yet still highly respected man resting on the king-sized bed. "I'm sorry?"

"I want you, and Hyukjae to get married immediately when he gets back, " Hyukjae's father repeated himself.

"Shouldn't you be more concerned about Hyukjae's safety instead?" Donghae raised his brow at the man's confidence that his son would get back safely. 

Hyukjae's father fixed his stern eyes on Donghae. "I believe you'll bring him back safely, won't you?" His tone was serious and threatening.

"I won't allow anyone to hurt Hyukjae." 

Satisfied by Donghae's answer, Hyukjae's father continued, "I suspect my brother is behind this kidnapping incident. This is not the first time he has plotted to get rid of Hyukjae, who is my only heir. Fortunately, I managed to get hold of the evidence of his money laundering activities, with it, he won't dare to harm Hyukjae."

It seemed that Hyukjae's father is unaware of the video tape, thought Donghae.

The man held back a cough. "I know I've little time left. I intend to pass my company over to Hyukjae, but I'm afraid he's unable to manage it alone. Of course I would like to teach him the ropes bit by bit, but who knows when the next heart attack will strike and take my live away." He suddenly looked sorrowful, "I can no longer take care of Hyukjae and his mother anymore. Now, I want to entrust them to you."

Donghae avoided the man's imploring gaze. "...we haven't even met before today. How can you trust me?"

"I can't, " Hyukjae's father admitted truthfully. "However, I trust my own son." He smiled at Donghae, "Do you know that he once kneeled outside my room for an entire day just to get me to accept that he's in love with another man?"

Donghae's heart skipped a beat. "He didn't mention."

"Of course he didn't, " Hyukjae's father laughed. "He's quite the stubborn kid." 

While Donghae looked deep in thought, he went on, "Think about it. As long as you treat Hyukjae well, you can quit those odd jobs you're working to support your studies, and instead come to work at the company."

Donghae pursed his lips, slightly annoyed. "You did a background check on me?"

"Well, just to be safe." Hyukjae's father reached for the glass of warm water on his bedside table and took a sip, "Consider my offer, young man. Others would kill to have this opportunity."

"Last station, Danggogae. All passengers please alight the train." The announcement jerked Donghae back from his thoughts. Stuffing the ring back into his pocket, Donghae pulled the gym bag from underneath him and moved to get out of the train. Few passengers alighted the train like him. The train station was almost empty and deserted. 

Donghae brushed the outline of the ring in his jeans pocket with his fingertips, a suspicious smile playing over his lips. He recalled the last thing he told Hyukjae's father before he left their mansion-

"Mr Lee, I accept your offer."

I hope you don't regret entrusting Hyukjae to me. 

Less than a minute later, the police over at the Lee's residence heard a ear-piercing siren go off on their surveillance device. 

"BEEEEEEP!" 

"! We lost him!" They quickly threw away their earphones before they went deaf from those loud beeping noises.

Back at Danggogae station, a mini earpiece, a tapping device and a GPS tracker were discarded carelessly on the ground.

☁ ☁ ☁

Hyukjae knew his will to live was getting weaker with every passing day trapped in this dark basement. Sometimes, he even felt himself thinking, would it be better if he just passed out and never woke up again? However, everytime when he's so close to crossing over the edge, and never coming back, he would remember those words- 

Hyukjae, promise you'll not abandon me? 

And then he would not be able to bring himself to end his own life.

But he's so helpless and scared. He's afraid of what he's becoming. He's losing control over his body to the man who kept coming to humiliate and violate him. Everytime he gets off because of the man toying with his body, he would feel so ashamed and ridded with guilt. He hated how his body reacted so sensiti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter