#yellow

vibrant colours. ☁
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vibrant Colours. ☁

Chapter 2 #yellow

A little boy dressed in tattered rags crouched in a corner, against the dirty orphanage walls, sobbing pitifully.

He doesn't understand why all the other kids laughed at him and called him a liar. Why didn't anyone believe him when he told them that the chickens he saw near the farmhouse were black?

The boy rubbed his teary eyes with his small fists. He wasn't lying at all, he was merely telling them the truth. Because when umma was still alive, she taught him that good boys don't lie, since he wanted to be umma's good boy, he would never lie. But why don't they believe him?  

The boy scrunched his little face, ready to start bawling again. However, the sob turned into a surprised hiccup when he felt something poke his head.

Jerking up, he saw a pretty boy around his age, with soft brown hair and almond shaped eyes, dressed in a nice little suit, standing in front of him. What make him couldn't tear his gaze away was the bright smile that showed off the boy's gums, stretching widely across his face. The boy thought he saw an angel, those pretty, little white beings that his umma used to tell him before he went to sleep.

"Why are you crying?" The angel spoke.

The boy blinked his wet eyes, lips trembling, "...b-because they called me a liar."  

The angel moved to squat down in front of him, and tilted his head to a side, asking, "Why?"

The boy chewed on his bottom lip, feeling very upset, "t-they called me a liar because I told them that the chickens I saw were black in colour." Then he dropped his head down sadly, expecting the angel to have the same reaction as the rest of the kids in the orphanage.

To his astonishment, he felt his face slowly lifted up and the angel's soft and long fingers begin wiping the tears off his cheeks, "I've seen those black chickens before too, so I believe you."

The boy widened his eyes. No one had ever told him that they believed him ever since appa and umma passed away. This angel was the first person to believe him and also the first to touch him so gently.

"Don't cry anymore." The angel hushed, leaning forward to kiss away the newest tear that fell on the boy's cheek. "My umma always does this wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter