#navy

vibrant colours. ☁
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vibrant Colours. ☁
Chapter 13 #Navy

"Donghae-ah, wait here with umma okay? Appa will go get the car." A jovial looking man patted the head of his adorable son lovingly, then smiled at his wife before crossing the road to retrieve their car.

Little Donghae held his umma's hand tightly with his right, and his left was hugging his beloved fish plushie. He was feeling a little bored, so he pretended to have a small chat with Donghee the fish.

All of a sudden, there was a ear-piercing tyre screeching sound, and Donghae's umma released a loud shriek which frightened little Donghae.

"Appa..." Donghae trembled violently when he saw his appa lay in a pool of blood, unconscious, in the middle of the road. He gripped his umma's hand absolutely terrified, "Umma.."

"Umma!" Donghae screamed, tears spilling from his eyes as his umma threw his hand away and dashed out into the road yelling her husband's name. Donghae watched in utter horror as the black Mercedes that knocked down his appa earlier, retreated then drove straight towards his umma who was running hysterically across the road.

Then, the same sickening crash sounded.

A strangled scream tore from Donghae's lungs as he witnessed the scene that would come to haunt him forever.

Again, there was the whirring of the engine, and the black Mercedes sped off into the night, leaving behind the bloody scene and a five-year old boy who just witnessed the unfortunate death of both his parents. 

☁ ☁ ☁

On the thirtieth storey of a corporate building, a middle-aged man dressed in expensive suit sat in his luxurious office, smoking cigar while staring out the window and admiring the landscape made up of high-rise buildings. Just then, a light knock on the polished wooden door, broke the serenity of the scene.

The man flicked the ashes off his cigar, "Come in."

The wooden door opened, revealing an attractive young male also dressed in an elaborate suit, who walked inside and closed the door behind him before bowing respectfully. He stood there patiently and waited until the man finished smoking his cigar and motioned for him to talk. Opening the thick black file binder labelled with the company logo, D&E, he read its contents, "Sir, according to this case file, the statute of limitation expires in ten days, which means after that, they are no longer able to press charges against us anymore."

(A/N: A statute of limitation is a law which forbids prosecutors from charging someone with a crime that was committed more than a specified number of years ago. )

A spine-chilling laughter filled the room. "I'll show them what it means by biting the hand that feeds you, " the middle-aged man spun around in his chair with a vicious expression, and ordered, "Prepare to carry out my orders."

Ignoring the cold sweat that started to break out on his forehead, the young male bowed. "Yes, sir."

☁ ☁ ☁

Hyukjae stood inside the dressing room, body leaning against the wall and hands holding a set of clothes that Sungmin literally threw in his face. He had a blank expression-  an indication he was thinking hard, though more often than not, people mistook him for spacing out.

"What the hell Hyuk!" Someone banged the door loudly. "Are you constipating inside? Holy cow, no one told me they installed a 'bowl' inside!"

Hyukjae jerked upright, scowling at his bestfriend's sarcasm. "Ha-ha. Not funny." He uncrumpled the clothes and frowned at them. "Just gimme a minute 'k? Need to figure out how to wear this." He stared for awhile before he threw them aside, deciding to take off his clothes first. He eased out of his wife-beater and was about to continue with his jeans when something caught his attention.

Hyukjae studied his reflection in the full length mirror and his frown deepened. He carefully traced the faint scar on his lower back which he got when he fell down from his treetop house, however, Hyukjae seriously doubted that. He doesn't remember ever having played in any treetop house, and he's pretty sure he hasn't because he's afraid of heights- and that is a fact that not even his parents know. So what are his parents trying to hide from him? Hyukjae suspected that it has got to do with his dreams- his dreams were all different, but they always had one point in common; a fair, raven haired boy with big round eyes would always murmur 'Hyukkie' softly before disappearing into thin air, and that's when Hyukjae would always jolt awake in alarm.

"Lee Hyukjae!! If you don't come out within the next minute, I swear I'm going to send a bulldozer in to ram this goddamned door down!" Sungmin screamed at the top of his lungs.

"I'm coming out! I'm coming out!" Hyukjae yelled back. Knowing that his mentally unstable bestfriend might just put his words into action, Hyukjae hastily hopped into the incredibly tight skinny pants and tugged the matching red suit blazer on.

Hyukjae threw the door open, and marched out. "Okay, so how do I look?' 

The entire room fell silent.

Hyukjae shifted his weight onto his other foot, suddenly becoming conscious of himself. What's wrong with everyone? Although he hasn't been working out as often lately because he's busy dating Donghae, the last time he checked, he still retained his six pack abs. He cleared his throat awkwardly, "Hello? Have you all gone dumb?"

The first one to recover was Sungmin, who grinned crazily. "I knew you had supermodel material in you!" he exclaimed excitedly, clapping his hands in glee, "I've such great foresight!"

Even Kyuhyun was gawking at him, he'd dropped the event booklets he was stapling in shock, muttering, "Hell, you could've been featured in the PlayGirl magazine."

Hyukjae exh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter