#raspberry

vibrant colours. ☁
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vibrant Colours. ☁

Chapter 20 #Raspberry

 

Turning away from the pair of seductive lips offered up to him, Donghae made a frown as he downed the glass of alcohol. The new bait he captured tonight was all willing and needy in his arms, unfortunately, he didn’t feel the least urge to ravage the bundle of curves rubbing against him. Donghae wasn’t acting like his usual playboy self, and he knew who was to blame.

 

“Shall we go down to dance?” the woman gazed at Donghae’s handsome face, she could feel jealousy radiating from all the other women in the club, giving them a triumphant look, she reached out an inviting hand. As she waited nervously for a reply, the attractive man set his empty glass on the table and stood up, “Sure.” Holding her hand, he led her to the dance floor while everyone else stared on in envy at the striking couple. Nobody noticed the soft vibration of the misplaced phone on the couch.

 

After a quick makeout in the restroom, Donghae tidied his clothes and left the dazed women in the cubicle. When she finally recovered from the mindblowing , she could still feel her insides tingling and began imagining how great it would be if the man who ravaged her was more than just a fling, little did she know, Donghae had not even spared her a second glance.

 

Donghae returned to his corner seat, whisking the glasses from the table, he swallowed two shots in a row. with that woman was bland and tasteless, worse still, her wanton moans beneath him only made him feel irritated. It was completely different from with Hyukjae, and this realisation worsened his already horrible mood. Cursing under his breath, he fumbled around his pocket for his phone, and spot it on the sofa from the corner of his eye. He picked it up and saw that there were missed calls from home. A bad feeling arose in Donghae’s mind as he knew that the only person who could have called him was Hyukjae, but he couldn’t think of any reason why the latter would call him especially after they had just quarrelled. Redialing immediately but no one picking up, Donghae threw some tips on the table and rushed out of the club.

 

“! ” Donghae cut a car in front, swerving to the next lane. “Answer the ing phone, Lee Hyukjae!”

 

Horns blaring behind while he zig-zagged across the highway, the dialing tone suddenly went off.

 

“Hello?” Donghae couldn’t hide a hint of worry.

 

“D-Donghae..?” Hyukjae spoke, voice slightly more than a whisper. “.....help..”

 

Donghae gripped the steering wheel harder. “Hyukjae, what’s going on?”

 

“..h-help..please..I- ” a series of ragged coughs could be heard from Hyukjae’s side, threatening to break Donghae’s already tensed nerves.

 

..beep beep..

 

“Hello? Hyukjae? Lee Hyukjae!”

 

Only the cold beeping tone signalling the end of the call, answered him.

 

Cold sweat descended from Donghae’s forehead as he stepped on the accelerator. Something terrible must have happened.

 

☁ ☁ ☁

 

"Jesus Christ, " Donghae muttered in disbelief, seeing the entire building, including his apartment, engulfed in flames. He threw his car door open. “Hyukjae!”

 

"Lee Hyukjae!" Donghae searched the crowd hoping to see Hyukjae, but the latter was no where to be seen. Having no other option, he sprinted for the building.

 

"Hey! Are you crazy?" A couple of neighbours grabbed him back. "You will get burnt alive! We have already called the fire engine, they will be here soon!"

 

"No! I have to get in!" Donghae yelled, eyes going red with anxious. “He’s still inside!"

 

While the crowd was still puzzled about who he was referring to, Donghae gave the man a quick punch in the face, causing the rest to loosen their hold as they rushed to attend to him. Taking that opportunity to push them aside, Donghae freed himself and immediately dashed inside the burning building. Most of the staircase had already caught fire, and there seemed to be no way for Donghae to get up without getting burnt alive. Circling to the back of the building, Donghae was relieved to find that the fire had not yet spread there. He ran back to the yard to grab a long ladder, placing it below the second level window. Stuffing the roc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter