-suhoe

Our Journeys through AsianFanFics ⇝

 

AsianFanFics 5th aniversary is coming up apparently and I wanted to do a blog post as well because why the heck not. 

 

I discovered AsianFanFics because of one of my friends who is also on the website. She knew that I liked J-Rock, J-Pop and K-Pop so she introduced me to this website and helped me navigate around it. Usually, I read Pokemon or Death Note fanfictions on Fanfiction.net so this was definitely new to me. It took about two or three days to fully understand this website. Since then, I abandoned Fanfiction.net for AsianFanFics.com since I no longer read anime fanfictions. 

 

My first username was Taemblr. Back when I made the account on December 5, 2012 I was a huge Taemin fan and I liked Tumblr. So Taemblr just happened to be my username. I still happen to have the account Taemblr but I no longer use it to read fanfictions on. I only check it once and awhile. I decided to start a new account which is this one. It started off a Criticism then went to Pettybastard and now is -suhoe. Again, I started a new in Feb. and created my account sulfur. I use both -suhoe and sulfur as of right now. 

 

I continue to stay on AsianFanFics because it is an easy naviagating site where you can freely express your love for K-pop through creative writing. I made pretty good friends here on this website, which can count as another reason to stay. You won't really get judged on this website for loving K-pop because everyone here loves it. Sure, you can run into those kind of people but it's rare. This is a user friendly website and I enjoy reading other peoples works along with running my review shop on my sulfur account. I also stay because of my love for writing about my favorite Idols and just for writing in general. Fanfiction.net is harder to use and navigate around while AFF is fairly easy. 

 

Some of my favorite things about this website are the people. Without people, this website would have no fanfictions to read nor would it be enjoyable. Second thing I really love is the fanfictions. Sure, a lot of fanfictions are not my cup of tea but it's nice to know that people are having fun by writing what they love. You can't hold a bad fanfiction against someone. They are doing what they love and they should continue to do what they love. I also like how AFF created FanficOverflow.com and RoleplayRepublic.com, they are great for people who love to write about non-asian things or for people who love to roleplay but dislike AFF or Facebook roleplaying. 

 

To me I think the website is nice the way it is. I don't mind any of the changes they have done recently. The website looks neat and tidy which I love. Yeah, you will have the people who complain about it a lot but me personally, love the changes. If AFF were to make changes, I would just go with the flow honestly. 

 

Without AFF I don't know what I would do honestly. My life would be pretty boring and empty so I guess I should forever thank AsianFanFics and my friend who introduced me to this website. Thank you. 

 

 

find it here!

Thanks for your submission!

-Soori