springrain

Our Journeys through AsianFanFics ⇝

 

How and when I came across AFF: My friend who was - and still is - obsessed with SNSD talked about fanfictions during lunch one day. During that time, my sister showed me my first korean-biased story (if that's the correct term to address it). Therefore, I sort of knew what a fanfiction was. She was a writer herself on soompi. However, because the soompi community had been dying out, she decided to check out other places with fanfictions. AFF, around that time, was beginning to attract more and more people. Because of my sister (and my friend's perusasions), I decided to create an AFF account. I never really put it into use until after school ended that year, which was 2012, might I add. I think the first fanfiction I ever read on here was cuppieee's "My Fat Me, Myself, and I." Some other fanfictions had Infinite as their leads and they were linking their readers to Paradise, and that was how I fell in love with kpop. 

First username: superxbunny99 (I know, very cheesy. That was my AIM username my sister created for me in like first grade.)

Why I continue to stay on AFF: The community here is very welcome! Everyone's willing to give fanfictions written by authors (that aren't as well known as others may be) a try. At first, I started here with nothing. Soompi was especially difficult to do well in, because as I mentioned previously, the community was dying over there. Most readers only stuck around for their favorite authors. However, I still remember the first comment I got from someone (that I didn't know). I think it was that user that inspired me to continue writing. I think AFF is the reason why I still write. 

What I like about the site: It's extremely easy to navigate. Compared to most fanficition sites, this is super easy to use and most people get used to how it works after a few days or so. I've met a bunch of great friends here on AFF, and though I may not talk to them much as often, I know I can count on them for advice. (After all, I feel really comfortable telling strangers - not exactly - about my issues, and they completely understand me.) 

Some things I'd like to see on the site in the future: I think there should be featured stories in like each genre, not just limited to one genre. I'm not an avid reader of stories, yet, there's a lot of featured stories that have stories. I think we should have separate stories for different genres, like romance gets one, gets one, and so forth. That way, we don't have to be based on just one genre every single day! Additionally, some stories should be observed carefully because some stories (that should be marked mature) aren't actually marked mature. I think we should limit that as much as possible. Also, I think there should be an easier way to win bids, then again, it's really based on luck. But I'm extremely excited for the possibilty of having an AFF app on my phone. (That'd be so much more convenient for me - it's such a hassle to go onto my internet browser on my phone when I can easily click an app.) That's my two cents on what I'd like to see in the future. 

 

Anyway, happy 5th anniversary, AFF. This place has been another home to me, and I know that I can always come back from school with such a supportive online community. SHOUTOUT TO MY READERS! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. ♥ 
 

find it here! 

 

Thanks for your submission! 

-Soori ツ