teenme14

Our Journeys through AsianFanFics ⇝

 

Hey guys! How're all of you today? So, ummm. *Clears throat*

Lemme tell you a story. It's called, 'My Journey in discovering AFF' (LOL XD)

 

Okay.. How do I start.. Well, lemme start with how I came to like kpop (Hope it's not too long orz)

So, basically I got to know kpop, or even the country and language Korea (I was very innocent back then. I only knew English songs through my friends and use the computer only when I was at school.), when I saw my Auntie watching a kpop drama on tv. I don't know how old I was back then, but she was watching a re-run (or maybe her CDs) on TV of Winter Sonata. I joined her and asked her what was she watching. Then, she just babbled out about K-Dramas and such. I wasn't very interested in it yet.

Around SNSD's debut time, I started listening to KPOP. It was more of a simple interest in KPOP. A few songs in my MP3 player. I got to know groups like DBSK, Super Junior, Wonder Girls, 2NE1, f(x) and more.

That's when 2010 came and INFINITE debuted. They practically ruined me and my pleasent life. They are just too awesome, dorky and soooooooooo perfect. I started to love kpop and tried to find ways to watch them. I kept my interest in KPOP a secret as it was still not widely known in my country yet. People were liking Taylor Swift back then (Back then? that sound like a long time ago LOL). And I thought that if they knew, I would be considered a stranger to my friends. 

So yeahh.. That's my story of my discovery of KPOP. (Wow, it's so long. -.-)

Now, let's continue.

Things happened and time passed. I was really getting bored looking at the computer. I decided to find pics of the newly debuted NU'EST (This was around 2012). As I was oogling at the pics on Google Images, I clicked on a photo of JR and the description for the pic was something about him being a Kingka or something.

I clicked the link out of curiosity and that led me to this site. I was like, "Woah, what is this?" I read the description and the foreword of the story.

And that became the first ever fanfic I read and it was an awesome experience. I became a silent reader who was still a visitor here. After some time, I decided to make an account coz of the feeling to write a fanfic. I made this account and still kept the username after 2 years.

The first fanfic I wrote was It's My Choice and it feature NU'EST, MBLAQ and Megan Lee (A youtuber who is going to debut under SoulShop Entertainment runned by Kim Tae Woo). It was a very cliche story if I may say so myself. After looking back at it, I feel like deleting it. But I think the plot is pretty good. Well, idk... OTL I only made like 14 chapters because of school and I really don't know how to manage my time beck then. So, now I have like so many free time, I try to update it as much as possible.

The second fanfic I wrote was Infinite Land: Fight For The Land. It was for a contest and it featured Princes INFINITE, Queen Ailee, and antigonists Baekhyun and Chanyeol. I managed to finish it despite having two weeks left before the deadline. (I plan to write a trilogy for this called 'Infinite Land Trilogy'. Yeah.. After I finish all my other stories.)

The third fanfic was The Quest. It was also for a contest and also featured INFINITE (Well, mainly Sungjong), Gikwang and Yoseob. It was my first fanfic that I wrote about friendship. My friends told me to put in romance tho.

Then, on March 31st 2013, I made a graphic shop. Stardust Planet. As of now, it has done 3 batches and 2 revamps. It is now under revamp for the 1st anniversary (Anyone wanna help make a layout for it? /smacked)

Then, my fourth fic was made. Reminiscence. I really really really loved writing this story. Not only did I get ideas from my friends, it was also my first two-shot. It was my first angst/romance fic too. The fanfic was for a contest and I finished it in five days. It stars Jongdae and OC (Kim Hye Sun). Sometimes, when I'm bored and can't sleep, I read this story. LOL, I'm reading my own story. What do you guys think of the story actually? I haven't gotten a lot of feedbacks.

Well.... I do love comments. It keeps me motivated to do a chapter. (I mean, who doesn't?) When I forst got subscribers, I was like, 'Woahhh, people actually this pile of junk?! XD' It kept me motivated and comments really helps me have ideas. (Don't know how tho XD) It was a wonderful experience to actually get feedback from people about my story. So.. if you wouldn't mind, you can click the links above and give feedback /Bricked

I really love this site. I mean, who doesn't? (Okay, maybe some -.-) I can totally make friends here from all over the world and fantasize about my bias in a fanfic XD I also have met great authors from this site :) I really improved my English here and my writing has also improved from a level of an elementary student to the level of a proper 16-year-old student (Don't you think? lol)

The features here are totally awesome and I am sure that I won't be leaving this site in the near future :) [well, unless something unavoidable happens].

 

Welp.. That's my journey on AFF for 3 years. What's yours?

 

find it here! 

 

Thanks for your submission! 

-Soori ツ