-cldte

Our Journeys through AsianFanFics ⇝

 

I can't believe it's been 5 years!

It seems like it was only yesterday when I found out about this site. It was during winglin's rise. It was the only site I knew where I could read fanfics, although, it was not a very good site. You'll know if you've been a winglin reader. The site had moments when it'll crash and stuff. Stories also, can't be customized to your liking. The default font was TNR and that's it. 

I was reading one story when the author posted on an A/N that she was moving the story to AFF and that we should move there as well. Of course, I was curious so I went and checked it out. And voila!

My first account was one named chiakichijo. It was created on April 19, 2010. Of course, chiakichijo has gone under a lot of name changes; serenadingmelodies and now, chatterbox. 

I remember, it was here that I found out about other groups (DBSK, CSJH, since during that time the only group I knew was SJ). I remember the days when the dbsk tag topped the list, followed by superjunior and shinee. I also remember when there were only a few users (at least, compared to now), the site seemed more personal. The chatbox, which used to be placed on the site would always contain users, the same users too. Of course, I hardly see the people I've met there before.

But of course, the best part of AFF's early years was that, AFF was a site for k-pop, j-pop, c-pop fans alike. There were no fanwars, no posts about mean authors and the like. It was the place to go for a good fanfic read (it still is). And of course, during it's early stages, the karma point system wasn't something like a contest. It was just a point system you gain every comment. Changing your username cost 100 karma points, back then. Of course, it went up to 250 and now, 500.

So, why did I decide to stay in AFF? Well, why shouldn't I? I mean, I've met really good people here (although some, I haven't seen around for a while), read good stories, and, in all honesty, I really enjoyed the time I spent here. Of course, my online time has been cut short, compared to before, but leaving the site, well, we'll see about that. But for now, I have no intention to leave this site.

 

find it here! 

 

Thanks for your submission! 

-Soori ツ