Competition

Unknown Love

A week had passed since Sunny and Joong Ki's unexpected date. The tense and angry atmosphere in the office had slowly deteriorated into a calm and cheerful one. The sun seemed to always shine brightly through the large windows and the employees seemed to smile more often. It was difficult for Sunny to understand her new found feelings towards her job, but she was starting to enjoy it. Every morning when she woke up, a smile spread on her face as she imagined what stupid job Joong Ki would ask her to do next.

On this specific morning, Sunny's mind had stopped revolving around Joong Ki and had returned to Sungmin. Her sadness turned to simple bitterness as she wondered what he was doing. She wondered about how he felt, and about whether they were still dating. Many times had she vented to TaeYeon and Jessica about how stupid Sungmin was for not listening to her explanation. Nonetheless, she still had some love left over and no matter how hard she tried, she was unable to get rid of it.

Sunny quickly pressed the snooze button on her outrageously annoying Japanese alarm clock then rolled out of bed. She stood in the mirror and examined her messy hair. She soon decided to pin the sides of her long, blonde hair away from her face and left the rest out. She continued with her regular morning routine and once she was satisfied, she exited her room and walked towards the kitchen.

"Good morning Sunny-ah!" said Jessica happily. Sunny greeted her back with just as much enthusiasm as she saw Jessica preparing three plates of pancakes. Once the breakfast was ready, Sunny called her father to the kitchen and they started to eat. "Sunny, how's your new job going?" she asked as she cut into her fluffy pancake.

"It's okay. My boss was a real jerk for the first few days, but now we don't really argue anymore," said Sunny as she took a bite of the pancake. She used her aegyo to over exaggerate the delicious taste of the pancake and praised her sister on her amazing cooking skills, making both her sister and her father laugh.

"Appa, tell us about that new competition. Has it gotten any better?" asked Sunny as she ate another piece of her pancake. Her father's eyes fell slightly, but he tried to keep his smile on his face. He was a single parent trying to support his two growing daughters, the last thing he needed was a problem in the business. He didn't want to die and leave nothing but debt for his daughters. Just the thought filled him with agony and pain.

"Honestly, this company is no joke. They have three times more shareholders than Kyu company and their flashy business promotions are attracting all our old customers. Stupid Song Incorporated," said their appa as he stared at the table, deep in thought. He apologized for his sudden anger, but was interrupted by the sound of Sunny's coughs.

"Did you say...Song Incorporated?" asked Sunny as she leaned into the table a bit more. Her father nodded his head making Sunny go slightly pale. She's working for the competition. She's basically helping her father go out of business! The realization filled her with an internal hatred for her actions, but she couldn't just quit. She needs this job, and she can't just leave Joong Ki like that. But at the same time, if her father found out, he'd be so disappointed. "I-I have to go, don't wanna be late. I'll see you guys later. Love you."

---

Sunny made it to the office, still deep in thought about what she found out this morning. She was torn between quitting for her father or staying for her happiness. 'So selfish Sunny' she thought as she hit her head. She thought about the painful expressions on her father's face and then thought about how happy her heart felt when she entered Joong Ki's office. Shaking the troubling thoughts from her head, she entered the building and immediately entered Joong Ki's office.

They both greeted each other before Joong Ki handed Sunny some paperwork to sort out. "Joong Ki-ah, do you have any competition?" asked Sunny as she looked up at the handsome man.

"What do you mean?" he asked as he brought his hand to his neck.

"The company. Are there any other companies that are competing against you?" clarified Sunny as she carefully sorted the papers into neat piles according to their senders. Joong Ki shook his head yes and formed a wondering look on his face.

"Why?"

"Just wondering."

Joong Ki looked at Sunny for a while longer. Half because she looked incredibly beautiful today and half because he was worried about her. She looked a bit troubled today. Sighing, he wished he could take her out for some ice cream, but he had too much work to complete. He stared at her for a while longer and finally thought of something that would hopefully make her feel a bit better. "Sunny-ah," he said as a smile formed on his face. Sunny looked at him suspiciously as he reached into his drawer and pulled out an envelope. "Here you go," he said as he walked up to her desk and gently placed the envelope into her delicate hands. 

"What's this?" asked Sunny as she held the envelope up to the light and attempted to see the contents inside.

"It's your first paycheck. Better start looking for that apartment you were telling me about yesterday," said Joong Ki as he beamed in pride. He watched as Sunny's troubled face soon softened into gratefulness and unbelievable shock. Before she even realized what she was doing, she hopped up from behind the tiny desk and wrapped her thin arms around Joong Ki's neck, a small squeal of excitement escaping from her lips.

Joong Ki stood still, unable to move for a few moments at the sudden action. He felt her heart beating against his chest and wrapped his arms around her tiny waist, involuntarily bringing her closer. Sunny quickly realized what she was doing and awkwardly removed herself from Joong Ki's strong and warm touch. She didn't need a mirror to know that her face resembled a tomato to an outrageous degree.

---

sorry for the y chapter!

I just wanted to write and then halfway I just wanted to get it done :P

thanks for reading though!

please don't forget to comment and subscribe!

love you! ^_^