Soft Kisses

Unknown Love

Sunny woke to the intense pain of constant pounding in her head. She had a vague remembrance of the past few hours, but one thing managed to remain crystal clear: Sungmin. She tried not to think about him, but she couldn't help it. Slowly, she opened her tired eyes and felt hands on the back of her legs as her body rested heavily on a broad surface. It took her a while to comprehend the situation, but once she did, her shock was too great to hide. She involuntarily tried to wriggled off the man's back, but simply felt his grasp strengthen as he jumped slightly and brought her small body higher up on his back, causing her to let out a tiny squeal. 

"Oh, you're awake," said the breathless voice. Sunny watched as intently as she could as the man turned his head to the side as far as his comfort would let him. She stared at the familiar handsome features lighting up his face and soon felt relief on her face.

"JoongKi..." said Sunny softly as she rested her aching head on his shoulder. She could feel the dried tears on her frail face and tried not to cry.

"What were you doing?" asked JoongKi as he pushed her up higher on his back once again. Sunny worried if he could handle her weight and bit her lip as she watched him breath heavily. 

"You can put me down," said Sunny as she wiped away a bead of sweat that had formed on his forehead. Sunny didn't realize it, but every little thing she'd done to JoongKi made his heart skip a beat. He didn't care if she was 100 or 1000 pounds, he was happy to just have her this close to his body. He tried to console his smile as he felt Sunny's cheek on his neck; somewhere from the first time they met to this moment right here, he managed to fall in love with the tiny woman. The realization hit him not too long ago, but it hit him like a ton of bricks. He always thought that her smile was enough to cure cancer and her personality was lively enough to brighten the darkest room. He just loved every little thing about her from the tips of her toes to the crown of her head.

"I don't want to put you down," said JoongKi as he pushed Sunny up a little higher. Sunny didn't bother to argue with him and instead closed her eyes once again and managed to fall back asleep, her head still aching immensely. 

JoongKi let his smile shine through completely when he heard Sunny's almost inaudible snores by his ear. Her breath tickled his neck as he tried to concentrate on the buildings. He soon came to Sunny's apartment building and sighed in relief. He repeated her room number in his head as he looked intently at the numbers as they increased with every door. "Finally," he whispered as he found room 515. He swiftly moved his arms and supported Sunny's tired body with one arm while opened the door with the other. 'This babo. Lock your door when you leave!' thought JoongKi as he worried for Sunny's safety. Once he entered, he smiled at the cozy feeling of the apartment. The decorations and pictures made him feel as if he was home; even the coldness of the night didn't steal the warmth from his body.

He walked through the living room and kitchen before entering a small bedroom. A large bed with plain green sheets greeted him as he figured this was Sunny's room. In fact, any room was really Sunny's room; she lived alone.

Carefully and steadily, he turned around and gently plopped Sunny's sleeping body onto the bed. Slowly, he pulled the thick comforter over Sunny's small body and moved some of her messy hair out of her eyes. He stared at her beauty and wondered how someone could look so pretty in this state: both drunk and sleeping. He stared at her for a while longer then decided to prepare some honey water for when she woke up.

He walked into her kitchen and took out a small cup and filled it with hot water. It took him a while to find it, but he soon managed to add the main ingredient for the hangover cure: honey. His smile returned to him as a sweet feeling filled his heart. He felt like this was his home. Although it wasn't as extravagant as his house, anywhere with Sunny made him feel like the richest man alive. 

He picked up the cup of hot honey water and placed it gently on Sunny's night table. He looked at the picture set on the table and sighed at the sight of Sungmin. His picture was the biggest one on the table and was placed right near the edge so Sunny could wake up to it every morning. JoongKi wanted to rip the picture into invisible pieces, but thought of Sunny's heart and stopped himself. "He makes her happy," he whispered to himself as he looked down at his shoeless feet. He caught sight of the time then decided that it was time for him to leave.

He stood from the edge of her bed and stared at her soft face and smiled sadly. Before he realized what he was doing, he felt himself bend down and kiss Sunny gently on her forehead, then on her two cheeks, and then twice on her nose. He chuckled softly when she wrinkled her nose at the sudden contact. His eyes met her perfectly plump lips as he imagined kissing her passionately. 'Stop it JoongKi, she's already in a relationship" he thought to himself as he brought his face away from Sunny's and exited her door with one last look of love and sadness.

---

Thanks for reading!

And thanks for commenting!

I love reading the new comments so much! And they inspire me to write more so please continue to comment