I Think I...

Unknown Love

Sunny stared out the large window of the impeccably clean office, her head resting on her pale hand. A frown filled her face as she tried to remember the events that took place yesterday. She only remembered the heavy rain, Sungmin's abominable secret, the sight of JoongKi's face before she out and the delicious cup of warm honey water sitting on her night table the next morning. She tried to not think about Sungmin, but how could she just forget about him all of a sudden? He was her one and only and he embarrassed her, lied to her, and made her feel like a fool. She was upset and furious, but too sad to do anything about it. She never imaged heartache to feel this terrible. She sighed for the umpteenth time before JoongKi tapped her on her shoulder, causing her to turn around on her chair. She looked up at JoongKi and lifted up the corners of sightly. JoongKi stared at her face for a few seconds longer than needed before asking her what was wrong.

"Nothing's wrong," replied Sunny as she reached over to the green-less bowl of M&Ms and grabbed a red one. JoongKi looked at her expectantly, his eyebrow raised as he waited for her to continue speaking. "I really can't tell you," she said sadly as she placed the M&M back into the translucent bowl.

"C'mon Sunny. If it's really bad, I'll buy you some ice cream," said JoongKi, a smile forming on his face. He rolled up the sleeves of his white shirt before seating himself on Sunny's tiny desk.

Sunny sighed and looked him in the eyes. She thought long and hard about whether or not to tell him, but soon figured that JoongKi probably wouldn't care. She looked down at her sweating palms which were placed securely in her lap and started to speak softly. The words were caught in and made it unbearable to speak comfortably. "My boyfriend...I caught him cheating on me yesterday," she said as she focused on keeping her eyes dry. Hearing the words coming out of her own mouth, said with her own voice, made it seem as thought it was official. She didn't want to believe it, but she had no choice but to give up on Sungmin and move on.

On the other hand, JoongKi sat shocked as he looked down at his poor, fragile sunshine. He felt his chest burn in anger as he mentally cursed at Sungmin. He thought about all the tears Sunny must have shed and felt his heart twitch in pain. 'How could someone do such a thing to such a beautiful woman?' thought JoongKi as he looked down at Sunny's pale face. He watched her eyes as she blinked her tears away, making his own eyes sting and threaten to fill with tears. He took a deep breath then reached down and securely grabbed Sunny's hands, making her look up at him. He gave her a comforting smile then spoke.

"Let's go get some ice cream."

---

JoongKi watched Sunny satisfactorily as he told her a joke. He didn't expect her to react so greatly at his cheesy jokes, but she laughed at every one of them despite how subtle they were. He felt like he managed to make her completely forget about that Sungmin jerk which filled him with a happiness he'd never known. They sat on the same park bench Sunny took refuge on just the day before and ate their separate ice creams peacefully. The sounds of the bird's many songs and the content heat from the shining sun made Sunny completely forget about the unhappiness in her life. She quietly looked over at JoongKi's smiling face and felt her heart hammer against her chest. She stared at his every feature as subtly as she could and felt an involuntary smile spread on her once darkened face. 'Why do I feel this way?" she asked herself as she forced her gaze away from his handsome face. She tried to think back to Sungmin, but she couldn't think of anything except the closeness between her and JoongKi. They sat shoulder to shoulder and laughed every so often at the children running around the playground.

"Thank you," said Sunny softly as she gently took a small bite of her ice cream.

"For what?" asked JoongKi, his mouth full of ice cream as he turned to look at Sunny's giggling face. He blushed then swallowed his ice cream before turning his attention towards Sunny once again.

"For buying me ice cream..." started Sunny as she contemplated whether or not to tell him the main reason why she was thankful. "And for helping me out yesterday," she said as she stared at her ice cream, the white, cold substance melting down the waffle cone. 

JoongKi blushed ferociously as he stared at his own ice cream. "N-no problem," he stammered as he remembered the kisses her secretly gave her when she was fast asleep.

---

"Okay Sunny, what's up?" asked Jessica as she stopped Sunny from walking and stared at her eyes intently. Jessica noticed something strange about her sister. The way she walked became more springy and the sparkle in her eye radiated despite the bad lighting of the store they were in. TaeYeon came up behind Jessica and looked at Sunny mysteriously; she had noticed Sunny's shinier personality too.

"What do you mean?" asked Sunny as she turned her head towards the display case. She noticed the hand on the tallest mannequin was backwards and giggled a bit more than what was normal for a simple thing like that.

"She means you're acting really strange. You've been in your own little world the whole time," said TaeYeon as she held Sunny's head in her hands. Sunny smiled then sighed. She led her sister and her best friend out of the store and motioned for them to sit beside her on one of the wooden benches inside the mall. 

"Honestly," started Sunny as she placed her hands in her lap before spreading her skirt out. "Honestly...I think I like my boss."

---

Sorry for not updating in a while! I was super busy with school and whatnot

I hope you liked this chapter!

Please comment and show your friends this fanfic, I'll make sure to complete it soon ^_^