I Didn't Know

Unknown Love

The sun was quickly disappearing behind the horizon, but Sunny didn't notice as she thought about the unfortunate events that followed through the day. 'I can't believe I'm working for that jerk' she thought to herself as she cradled her arms around her. She imagined Joong Ki sitting in his office; an evil smile staining his face as he made a mental list of all the hard labor he'd make Sunny do the next day. Sunny stared at her sneakers and wished for these unfortunate events to stop occurring. The sight of her cozy house allowed a sweet smile to form on her pale face. She thought about the delicious dinner Jessica must have prepared for her and her father and quickly ran into the house. "I'm home!" she called out as she closed the door and switched from her sneakers into her slippers.

"Oh, Sunny-ah, you're home," said Jessica groggily. Sunny walked into the living room to see Jessica rubbing her eyes. The TV was at an impeccably loud volume. Sunny sniffed the air and expected the sweet and sour smells of Jessica's delicious dinners, but smelt nothing but the usual warm sent of her home. Jessica noticed the expression on Sunny's face and instantly rose in shock. "What time is it?" she asked as she quickly reached for the TV remote so she could turn it off. The annoying commercial jingle was beginning to give her a headache.

"9:56," replied Sunny as she stared at the analog clock on the wall tick away. Immediately, Jessica apologized for not making any dinner and promised to make Sunny's favorite breakfast the next morning. "gwaenchanha unnie," said Sunny as she placed a smile on her face. To think of it, Sunny wasn't really that hungry; spending the whole day with Joong Ki made her lose her appetite. 

---

"How could there be no other interesting jobs?" asked Sunny as she scrolled through the bright screen on her laptop. She wore her pink pajama pants and a white shirt as she sat cross-legged on her blue chair. She'd been staring at the screen for hours, but still hadn't found anything. She sighed in defeat then turned off her laptop. Closing her eyes and leaning back on the chair, she realized that her eyes were stinging a bit from the bright screen and decided to go to bed. She washed her face then brushed her teeth before turning off the lights and crawling into her warm bed.

She let out a happy sigh as she felt her sleepiness quickly overwhelm her suddenly tired body. Almost as if it was timed, as soon as Sunny closed her eyes for the night, the sound of her phone woke her and caused her to quickly rise in shock and anger. Who would call her at this time? She looked at her phone and read the unfamiliar number before answering it carefully.

"annyeonghaseyo...?" said Sunny as she waited for the voice on the other line to reply.

"Yah, Sunny-ah. Come to the office at 6 tomorrow morning," said an all to familiar voice. Sunny rolled her eyes and held in a frustrated scream as she realized that it was Joong Ki.

"Don't you know how to greet politely? And how did you get this number?" asked Sunny as she the lamp on her night table. Her voice was soft, as she was tired, but the coldness and frustration was recognized.

"Don't tell me what to do, and you gave the company all your information before you left babo," replied Joong Ki as he let out a chuckle. Sunny could hear the sound of a TV in the background and tried with all her might to hold in a laugh when she heard the familiar theme music to a drama. "I have to go now. Don't forget, 6 o'clock A.M."

Before Sunny could reply, she heard a click then a continuous beeping, signaling that Joong Ki had hung up. She scoffed at the phone and rolled her eyes at his rude behavior. She let out a loud scream into her pillow and looked at her phone once again. She noticed a notification in the corner of the screen signaling a new text. She opened the app then read through the texts she received that afternoon. She read through them one more time and felt her heart sink. How could she not notice this?! These texts were sent hours ago, how did Sungmin get home? If he even did get home? Sunny quickly stood up and paced her bedroom as she dialed Sungmin's number and waited for him to pick up.

On her fifth try, she felt her heart settle in relief as Sungmin's voice echoed through the phone. "annyeong," he said, his voice cold and tired instead of warm and bubbly like how Sunny expected.

"Sungmin-ah, I'm so sorry! I didn't see your texts, I-"

"gwaenchanha Sunny-ah," he said. Although his words were saying that it was alright, Sunny knew that he felt hurt by the tone in his voice. She tried to apologize and explain her situation, but was only caught off by Sungmin's sad voice. Eventually, Sungmin soon became tired of trying to act like he wasn't upset and told Sunny how he really felt. "Sunny-ah, I had to walk home! All the way from the airport! I counted on you and you didn't even come to me! Do you know how worried I was about you? You know what, just forget it. Obviously, you have more important things to do than care about me."

Before Sunny could oppose, she heard the click and the continuous beeping that she heard not too long ago. She stared at her phone as tears formed in her eyes. She tried to call him back, but failed with every beep. Placing her phone on her night table, she let her tears fall and soon found her way into dreamland.

---

NO SUNGMIN NO

Poor Sunny-ssi :'(

please comment, your comments really make me happy ^_^