Of Course Not

Unknown Love

Sunny was overwhelmed with a flurry of emotions. Happiness, for her sister's wonderful news, and complete nervousness and fear because of JoongKi's request. They haven't been able to go out much in the past few days due to JoongKi's business' anniversary banquet, but Sunny didn't think much of it until JoongKi called her and asked her to go with him. At first, she was simple happy. She would get to meet his colleagues and she could see Kyungsoo and NickHun again; however, as JoongKi kept talking she felt her heart race until she couldn't handle it anymore. "I'll introduce you to my father. You can explain everything to him and then we can have the press cover the truth so there won't be any misconceptions about us. Isnt' that great?" he said as he awaited her answer. Sunny was listening, but she couldn't answer. The anxiousness that took over was too strong.

"I'm gonna meet your father?" she asked as she held her phone with both hands. Her voice was soft and wandered off slightly. JoongKi furrowed his brow before asking if she was okay, then finally realized that meeting her father is a terrifying thing. She knows that he doesn't approve of their relationship and Sunny was never the type to be confident around authority. It was something he completely overlooked and he felt nothing but stupid for believing that he was doing the right thing.

"Sunny, don't worry about it! Just be yourself and don't be nervous. He respects your father and his company and will therefore respect you," said JoongKi as he tried to find the right words to comfort her. He wished he could jump through the phone and give her warm hug, but he knew that he'd have to wait until the banquet to see her again. It pained him to not be able to see Sunny and kiss her and fix her hair for as long as he had, but he knew their meeting would feel extra sweet after the long wait.

"Okay oppa, I'll try not to worry," said Sunny as she placed a hand on her anxious heart. She heard a deep voice call JoongKi from the suddenly noisy background of the phone call.

"Okay Sunny, I have to go now, but I love you okay?" said JoongKi as he watched people pile into the banquet hall.

"Okay oppa, I love you too."

"I'm gonna hang up now okay?" said JoongKi as he silently asked the people around him to be quiet.

"Okay."

---

"So what are you gonna wear?" asked TaeYeon as she reached for an apple slice, her hand hanging off the side of Jessica's bed.

"A dress most likely," said Sunny as she munched on her own apple slice.

"We know you're gonna wear a dress babo!" said Jessica as she knocked Sunny's head softly.

"Guys, honestly I'm really nervous. I'm gonna make a fool of myself, I know it. And especially in front of Mr. Song!" exclaimed Sunny as she buried her head in her hands. She knew she was not ready to meet him, especially after what JoongKi told her on their last date.

"Sunny don't worry! You impress everyone you meet without even trying," said TaeYeon as she sat up on the bed and placed a hand on Sunny's shoulder.

"It's true," said Jessica as she stood up and walked towards her closet. Opening it, dresses of all kinds spilled out of the tiny space. "Now let's get you ready for tonight!"

As hard as Taeyeon and Jessica tried, it was impossible to stop Sunny from feeling the anxiety she felt and with every minute creeping closer and closer to the time of the banquet, Sunny felt more and more sick. "I don't think I can do this guys," said Sunny as she slipped herself into the dress they picked out. She could admit that she looked wonderful, but JoongKi's father most likely won't even give her a second glance.

"Shut up Sunny, you can do anything!" said Jessica as she wrapped an arm around Taeyeon's shoulders. 

After zipping up the back of the dress and fixing her long blond hair, she felt her lips curl up in the corners as she looked at herself one last time. She wore a simple black dress with a mesh material under the neckline. Her hair was curled and rested confidently on her shoulders as she admired her glowing makeup. She looked absolutely amazing, a style that could match anyone's preference. Slowly, she walked out of the washroom and stepped into the room to show her unnies. It didn't take much for Sunny to realize that they admired her appearance through their silence. After lots of pictures and hugging and encouragement, Sunny almost felt like she could actually do it, like she could not only win over the heart of JoongKi's father, but of his mother and of everyone else at that banquet.

---

"Have fun!" said Jessica as she watched Sunny walk up to the brightly lit building. The atmosphere was professional and elegant as Sunny walked through the long hallway and into the populated dining room. Tables were filling up and loud chatter filled the room as Sunny admired the city-like atmosphere. Large, beautiful chandeliers hung form the ceiling and the glass that lined the walls were impeccably shiny. Even if she couldn't win over anyone's heart. she was glad she went and experienced such an extravagant setting.

"Sunny!" called out a familiar voice from behind her. Turning around as quick as she could in her heels, she let her eyes settle on JoongKi who ran up to her wearing a completely black attire; he looked especially handsome. He wrapped his arms around her tiny body and kissed her cheek before grabbing her hand and leading her to a table.

"You look really nice," he said as he struggled to not stare at her body which proved to be an exceedingly difficult task.

"You do too," she said as she smiled up at him. He could tell she was nervous as she read the names on the seats in front of her: Mr. & Mrs. Song. JoongKi gave her hand a reassuring squeeze then told her not to worry. "My mom is gonna love you instantly cause you're beautiful and my dad is gonna love you cause you're incredibly smart and wonderful. Please stop worrying Sunny," he said as he wrapped an arm around her and brought her closer, giving her a side hug. "And I already told my parents that they'd meet you today so you truly don't need to worry."

After taking a few deep breaths, Sunny put a smile on her face and sat up straight. She tried to gather all the confidence she had in her body and decided that all she had to do was impress them.

"Oh here they come," said JoongKi as he stood up and awaited their arrival. At that moment, every bit of confidence that Sunny possessed melted into nothing but nervous anxiety.

They both bowed respectively when his parents reached the table earning a smile from his mother and a snarl from his father. "Mom, dad, this is Sunny. Sunny, my parents," introduced JoongKi as he struggled to stop himself from smiling so widely.

"Hello," said Sunny as she bowed and shook their hands. "It's nice to meet you," she said as she smiled beautifully.

"It's nice to meet you too Sunny," said JoongKi's mother as she admired Sunny's hair.

"I'm sure my son informed you about my opinion regarding this relationship of yours," said JoonKi's father as he brought a cup of wine closer to his lips.

"Honey, must you speak of that now?" said JoongKi's mom as she rested a hand on her husband's leg.

"Aniyo, it's okay," said Sunny as she continued to smile brightly. "I understand why you would feel that way, but please understand that my father no longer owns that company and our family no longer has an attachment towards it. And I'm sure JoongKi has spoken to you about our plans to clear up any misconceptions that could possibly arise from this predicament; However, if you still feel as though your son and I should not have such a relationship I would not attempt to disobey." Sunny spoke with a clear and steady voice, shocking not only JoongKi and his parents, but herself. She continued to speak and said whatever she had to to impress JoongKi's parents. With every word she squeezed JoongKi's hand tighter as they hid their hands underneath the long white table cloth. 

"Well father?" said JoongKi as he looked at his father with pleading eyes. The table fell silent as Mr. Song let out a long sigh. "I guess I have no choice but to approve then don't I?" said JoongKi's father as he smiled and stood from his seat, his arms opening widely.

It took Sunny a while to understand what was going on, but as soon as she registered the wonderful information, she jumped up from her seat and happily hugged JoongKi's father as well as his mother. "Thank you very much, I truly appreciate it," informed Sunny as she sat back down and hugged JoongKi.

---

After hours of talking and laughing, it was time for the banquet to finish. JoongKi's parents said their goodbyes and tiredly walked to their car as JoongKi and Sunny walked to JoongKi's car. "I can't believe it went so well," said Sunny as she leaned against the car seat, her nervousness and anxiety rushing out of her exhausted body.

"I knew it would go well, no one can resist your charms," said JoongKi as he started the car. "Did you really mean what you said though?" asked JoongKi as he looked at the road worriedly.

"When I said what?" asked Sunny as she looked at JoongKi's side profile. She rested her hand on his thigh and wondered if she said anything wrong.

"When you said you wouldn't disobey if my father didn't accept us. Did you mean it?" asked JoongKi as he quickly glanced at Sunny. Letting out a little giggle, Sunny kissed his cheek then replied with her usual bubbly voice.

"Of course not."

---

YAY! He accepted them! ^_^

Thanks for reading :)

I think I'll write one more episode and then I'll finish this story, but thanks for supporting me :)

saranghaeyo <3