Okay Oppa

Unknown Love

Sunny stared at her reflection in the glass wall of the Song Jewelery Incorporated building and sighed. She pulled gently at the skin under eyes and wished that she gotten more sleep last night, but how could she when she was heartbroken? She had her first big fight with Sungmin, her first and only boyfriend, and was unable to call him back. She wished he would listen so he could understand, but many things weren't going her way these past few days. Tugging some hair behind her ear and rolling up the sleeves to her white blouse, she took a deep breath of fresh spring air then entered the building. She decided to dress a bit more sophisticatedly because her rude boss had told her that she dressed like a child. She sort of agreed, but she liked her style. It was playful and comfortable, but a few changes were okay. She wore blue shorts along with her top and tried her hardest to smile. 

"Ugh, let's just get this done and over with," Sunny murmured to herself as she entered JoongKi's office forcefully. "Good morning," she said, no hint of joy in her usually cheerful voice. Joong Ki looked up at her and immediately noticed the frown on her face.

"Yah, knock before you enter," demanded Joong Ki as he handed Sunny a bag of M&Ms to sort.

"Could you stop calling me 'yah', it's annoying," said Sunny. JoongKi was surprised by her sudden change of attitude and instantly felt bothered. He was confused with his thoughts, but he wanted the rude, loud Sunny that he first met back, not this quiet, sad one. Her name is Sunny after all. 

"Why are you so sad?" asked JoongKi awkwardly. He stared at his shoes and tried not to make it look like he cared, but somewhere in-between the constant bickering, he developed an attachment to the short yet beautiful woman.

"None of your business," said Sunny sharply. She kept her eyes on the M&Ms and tried not to think about Sungmin's harsh words.

"Sunny-ah," insisted JoongKi as he finally found the courage to look up from his shoes and stare her in the eyes. He hadn't realized it before, but she had very pretty eyes. He noticed them sparkle as the light reflected off her face, making his heart jump.

"You don't want to hear about it, just forget it," said Sunny as she continued separating the green M&Ms from the rest. JoongKi gave Sunny an annoyed face then demanded that she told him what was wrong. Sunny sighed then put down the chocolate she was holding. She intertwined her fingers together then placed them on her lap, her head hanging low. "My boyfriend and I had a fight last night. I didn't see his text messages and I was supposed to do something for him. He just got mad," said Sunny. 

JoongKi felt a pang in his chest as he realized that it was his fault that Sunny was not shining so brightly anymore. He looked down as he realized his mistake then cleared his throat awkwardly.

"See, I didn't want to tell you," said Sunny as she looked back up at JoongKi. His palms started to sweat furiously as he tried to keep his cheeks from turning a red color.

"I see...get back to work," he said before turning around and returning to his desk. On his way back, he let out a quiet sigh and wondered why his heart started hurting.

---

An hour of silence passed as the atmosphere rapidly thickened in tension. Sunny regretted telling JoongKi about her personal life, he didn't even seem to care. Nevertheless, she tried to finish the different tasks JoongKi had assigned her diligently so she could go home and cry.

On the other side of the room, JoongKi couldn't keep his eyes off of Sunny. The way that she looked when the light reflected off her face was stuck in his mind, making it impossible for him to think of anything else. He didn't know what was happening to him. All of a sudden, he cared for Sunny's feelings and wished her to be happy, but just yesterday he was complaining about how annoying and rude she was. Shaking the confusing thoughts from his head, he decided not to waste his time. "Sunny-ah, come with me," he said as he stood from his desk and placed his hands into the pockets of his pants.

Sunny was unable to ask any questions as JoongKi was already halfway out the door. She quickly put her phone into her purse and ran after her strange boss.

She soon caught up to him and ran into the elevator before the heavy doors closed on her petite body. "Where are we going?" she asked. She breathed a bit heavily and wondered why he didn't stop to let her catch up.

"Are you hungry? Do you want some Ddukbokkie?" he asked as he quickly exited the tiny elevator. Sunny was so shocked at his invitation that she almost got stuck in-between the heavy doors of the elevator once again.

"JoongKi-ah wait up!" called out Sunny as she ran up to the tall man. JoongKi stopped walking and watched as Sunny ran towards him. The sight filled him with a giddy happiness, but he struggled not to show it on his face. "Aish, I'm not running a marathon," said Sunny as she finally caught up to JoongKi. He started walking again, but at a slower pace. His fingers twitched and sweated profusely as Sunny walked comfortably beside him. "What's with the sudden invitation?" asked Sunny suspiciously.

"Can I not just be a nice guy?" asked Joongki, a smirk growing on his handsome face.

"No," said Sunny truthfully as she tried to think of a time when JoongKi was nice. JoongKi chuckled at Sunny quietly and patted her head. He felt his cheeks turn a bright red at his sudden action, but didn't worry about Sunny seeing because she was blushing too.

---

They soon made it to the restaurant where they sat across from each other at a small wooden table by a large window. Sunny's hands stayed in her lap as her eyes roamed everywhere except JoongKi. "Um, the weather today is really nice," said Sunny awkwardly as she looked out the window. She could feel JoongKi's intense stare on her face as he made a small noise in response. 

"JoongKi-ah, why did you invite me here?" asked Sunny as she found the courage to look up at his face, her eyes wide and wondering.

"Honestly, I couldn't stand seeing you all sad in my office," he said as he looked her back in the eyes. He saw Sunny's eyes soften and immediately felt the need to turn into a jerk again. Quickly, he reassured her that her sadness was just uncomfortable and told her to be sad when he's not around.

"arassuh oppa," said Sunny as she stared out the window once again.

JoongKi couldn't hide himself this time. This time it was too much. He felt his cheeks turn a deep red color as a smile formed on his face. 'She called me oppa' he thought to himself. 

---

ooh cute things are happening!

please comment and subscribe!

thanks for reading, I love you guys! ^_^