Goodbye

Unknown Love

Sunny sat quietly as she stared through the rain covered windows of her new apartment. It had been 2 months since Sunny received her first paycheck from JoongKi. She smiled softly as she remembered the happiness that erupted in her body as she heard the beautiful words come out of JoongKi's mouth. "What's this? It's your first paycheck. Better start looking for that apartment you were telling me about yesterday," mimicked Sunny softly as she wrapped her warm blanket around her small shoulders a bit more tightly. Her long blonde hair was placed in a ponytail and her toenails were painted a bright blue color. She looked the same, but she felt different. She felt like a grown up for once. But at the same time, she felt lonely. "This apartment is too quiet," she said to herself as she stared at the picture of her family that was placed on the center of her coffee table.

She soon decided to disregard the rain tapping loudly on her windows and put on her rain boots. She grabbed her phone and her umbrella before exiting her apartment. A happy smile spread across her face as she greeted her neighbors and their pets. Her favorite neighbor was a young couple by the name of SeoHyun and Yonghwa. They were recently married and owned a cute dog with white shaggy hair who always Sunny's cheeks when they say each other.

Sunny soon entered the exciting atmosphere of outside and felt the wind hit her face. The smell of the rain was not as pleasant as she expected, but the way the rain formed expanding circles as the raindrops landed on the puddles made it endurable. She walked slowly, not worrying about blocking anyone's path because no one was out. She didn't blame them, the rain was brutal, but not as brutal as the lonely quietness of an empty apartment. 

She walked to a nearby park and sat on the wet bench near the playground. She stared at the empty jungle gym and the still swing set in front of her. Something was wrong. She tried to push the uncomfortable ache in the bottom of her stomach, but finally decided she couldn't. She let out a loud sigh and put her head in her hands. "What's wrong with you today?" asked Sunny as she tapped her toes together. The feeling grew and grew until the rain clouds finally disappeared and allowed the sun to shine through and dry the land. 

Hours passed and Sunny watched as people started to populate the park with children and small families. She smiled silently at the change of atmosphere and almost forgot the painful aching when she caught sight of something strange. 'It couldn't be' she thought as she stood up and walked towards the opposite side of the park. The fear she felt made her completely forget her umbrella.

She walked slowly, but steadily and kept her eyes open as wide as they could go. The pain in her stomach grew to a tremendous amount, causing Sunny to cradle her tiny waist with her thin arms. She stopped in her tracks when she was sure the familiar figures were people she knew. On any usual day, she'd walk up to them and say hi, but today was different. Today, she had a pain in her stomach. Today, she witnessed her one and only boyfriend kissing another girl. She watched her sight blur as tears formed in her eyes. 'How could you..' thought Sunny as she stood, shocked. She felt a tear fall from her eye, but was unable to move as the shock was too immense. She felt her chest burn up in anger, but was too sad and drained to do anything about it.

She waited for the girl to pull back from her boyfriend's lips and watched as her eyes settled on Sunny's tear-filled ones. Sunny recognized her as Sungmin's ex-girlfriend, Sohee. The shocked girl pointed behind Sungmin's body, causing him to turn around and settle his gaze on a fragile Sunny. His eyes widened in surprise as he quickly stood up and ran towards Sunny. 

Sunny didn't wait for him to reach her before she turned around and started walking away. Sungmin quickly caught up, a look of worry on his handsome face. "Sunny, I can explain," said Sungmin as he gently grabbed Sunny's hand. Sunny looked up at him, her expression asking him to continue. The last piece of hope that was holding her together broke as a flustered Sungmin was unable to explain. She wanted to know how long it had been going on. She wanted to know why he'd done it. She wanted to know if he even loved her.

However, she pushed the questions away and pulled her arms out of his grasp, making him stare at her in shock. Sungmin had never seen Sunny that upset; she was so upset that she couldn't even talk. He watched her silently and regretfully as he watched her lovely bunny walk out of his life until she was no longer seen.

---

"You son of a !" screamed a drunk Sunny as she sat on the cold concrete floor surrounding a large river. She watched the still water of the river and sighed. She'd been drinking for hours and was unable to even think properly. She'd been swearing at the river and crying until started to burn, but she couldn't stop the anger and resentment from forming. Her heart had never hurt this much. 'So much for my first day off' thought Sunny as she reached for her phone. She felt her fingers dial a recognizable number, but her eyes felt to heavy for her to see who it was.

"Hello," asked the voice from the other end of the line. Sunny felt a smile spread on her lips and responded by telling the voice that it reminded her of candy and gumdrops. "Sunny-ah, gwaenchanh-a?" asked the familiar voice.

"Ne," replied Sunny as she involuntarily let out a cute hiccup followed by a fit of heavy laughter.

"Are you drunk?" asked the voice, obvious worry in its words.

"Ne."

"Where are you? I'll come get you."

---

Sunny laid down on the concrete floor, the empty bottles of soju surrounding her delicate body as she let out a random fit of laughter. She never liked getting drunk, but even the bitterness of alcohol was sweeter than the feeling in her heart.

"Sunny-ah? Sunny-ah!" called out a voice as it increased in volume. Sunny heard the voice, but decided to ignore it and closed her eyes. "Sunny-ah!" said the voice once again, this time right beside her ear. She looked up to see JoongKi's worried face stare back at her. A smile formed on her drunken face as she reached up and poked him in the cheek.

"My, you're handsome," she said as she closed her tired eyes once again.

---

okay, this one is SUPER LONG, sorry ^_^

please comment though! I really like to read them :)

the next chapter will be up soon ^.^