I'm Sorry

Unknown Love

Sunny, Taeyeon, and Jessica slowly walked into the Lee household, no bags in their hands. They weren't able to shop after hearing the shocking news of Sunny's new interest. Sunny, unable to fathom why she decided to tell them her secret, refused to answer any of their questions until they had gotten home. 

Jessica and Taeyeon grabbed Sunny by her thin arms and pulled her towards the pink couch in their living room. The quietness along with the hard stares from her companions didn't help in the uncomfortable feeling crawling up Sunny's back. They sat like that for a while, silent and anxious, waiting for Sunny to start speaking. Once they realized that she wasn't planning on doing anything of the sort, they immediately bombarded her with all sort of outrageous questions.

"Did you kiss him yet?"

"Did you go to his house?"

"What do you guys do in his office?"

"Yah! We haven't done anything," said Sunny as she brought her hands to her head, which was starting to ache. The heat from the weather was certainly not helping. "Nothing like that at least."

"If that's the case, then what did you guys do?" asked Taeyeon slowly as she looked into Sunny eyes, a worried and anxious look on her flawless face. 

"Nothing really. But I think the first time I started liking him was when he unexpectedly invited me to eat ddukbokkie with him," said Sunny as she kept her eyes on her pink slippers. She let a smile grow on her face as she remembered the proud look her father had on his face when he presented her with the cute slippers. It was her most treasured possession for a long while.

"He did what?" asked Jessica, a smile growing on her face. She shared an interested look with Taeyeon then continued to stare at Sunny's face. She had no idea her sister had the guts to do such a thing, developing a crush on someone of high authority. Especially her boss. 

Sunny looked up at her sister and felt a smile grow on her face. The happy look on Jessica's milky white face made Sunny feel a lot better about her feelings towards JoongKi, but something in the back of her mind kept telling her that no matter how accepting anyone is, the relationship won't work.

"He also took me out for ice cream yesterday," boasted Sunny as she remembered the peaceful memories that were made. She remembered the feeling she developed when she secretly looked at his face. The way her heart skipped a beat when she felt his head turn in her direction; the anticipated sweat that formed on her petite hands as his cool breath tickled her face. She wanted to be in his presence again. She wanted to be in his presence all the time.

She pondered on whether or not she should tell them about what happened after she'd gotten drunk. They'd already been informed about Sungmin's wrong doings and had promised to not speak a word to, about, or around the 'disgusting excuse for a man'. Although she felt she could trust them with this simple information, she wanted to keep it between just herself and JoongKi. Not because hearing about her alcohol misuse is embarrassing, or because it could bring back sad memories, but because of the five secret kisses JoongKi had given her before he left. She reminisced on the feeling of his soft lips and wished he'd given her a real kiss. A kiss that only lovers give each other. 

The three talked for hours. Fantasies and giggles were exchanged secretly as they felt their bond strengthen with every word. Sunny couldn't help but feel a content happiness wrap around her makeshift heart as the memories of Sungmin faded into the background and were replaced by thoughts of JoongKi. TaeYeon had sadly departed a few hours later, leaving Sunny and her sister to continue speaking of their inner thoughts. It turns out, Jessica had been seeing a man named Donghae. They had been meeting at the library for the past few Saturdays and had their first date on the previous Sunday. Sunny gave Jessica her blessing, noting that what ever made her sister happy made her happy.

"I should probably get going now. I don't remember if I locked my apartment before I left," informed Sunny as she stood from the pink couch and straightened out her skirt. Jessica quickly stood up and placed her hands on Sunny's shoulders, a sad look contaminating her beautiful eyes.

"Please don't go Sunny-ah, stay for the night. Please?" begged Jessica as she pouted her lip, her chin forming a walnut like indent. It didn't take much convincing to get Sunny to stay, she did miss her family and her old house and the conversations they were having made Sunny feel like a high schooler again. 

---

"Is appa still in his office?" asked Sunny as she waited for her sister finish preparing their breakfast. She felt a fuzzy warmth fill the pits of her stomach as wrapped her arms around her small body and hugged herself tightly. She was still a bit groggy from her sound sleep, but the lovely light from the sun motivated her to not sleep in. 

"Yeah, he is. I hope he got some sleep," said Jessica worriedly as she leaned against the table and looked at Sunny worriedly.

"I think he's been working all night," stated Sunny as she tried to remember hearing the soft squeaks of her father's footsteps on the floorboard, the sound she'd usually hear when her father walked across her room from his office. She returned a look of worry and wished for her father's health to increase.

"Sunny-ah...appa hasn't been looking too good these past few days. He looks like he's withering away," said Jessica, her voice low and sad. She tried not to notice it, but as the weeks passed, she noticed her father's cheerful light dimming until he brought a cold shadow with him everywhere he went.

Before the girls could speak another word, a loud crash accompanied by an amplified voice filled the air. The girls gave each other a quick look before racing towards their father's office. "appa!" screamed Sunny as she whipped the wooden door open. The sight before her filled her with enough sadness to fill her eyes with tears. 'How could my father become like this?" she thought to her self as she slowly walked into the room, Jessica following close behind her. Her father sat slumped on the floor, dark circles under his large eyes, his hair a raging mess. Papers, some intact some shredded to pieces, littered the usually spotless floors; his now broken computer sparking as it lay on the floor across the room. Even the beautiful sun spilling through the window couldn't brighten the scene.

"appa..." said Sunny as she sat down beside her father, her voice wavering as she tried not to cry at the sight of her father's tears.

"I can't handle it anymore. This business means everything to me and I can't save it. We've lost," he said as he tried to remain calm. He was filled with regret and sadness at the sight of his beautiful daughters, but he couldn't contain himself anymore. "Song Jewelry...they won."

---

Sunny tried not to let the events of that morning affect her decision, but she couldn't help it. No matter how much it pained her already aching heart, she had to do what was right. She wiped away her tears and took a calming breath before entering JoongKi's office. She saw him standing by the large glass windows, his hands in his pockets as he hummed quietly to an unpopular song. The sound of the door's lock turned his attention towards Sunny who stood worriedly by her desk. She looked up to see a smiling JoongKi and as much as she wanted to greet him with a smile back, she knew she couldn't. She wanted to get it done and over with.

"Sunny-ah, are you okay? Why are you eyes red?" asked JoongKi as he walked up to her and held her chin in his hands as he inspected her sad eyes. Before he could say anything else, Sunny quickly moved her body away from his and focused on a coffee stain close to her shoes.

"I quit," she said, her voice wavering. JoongKi was confused. He'd never seen her like this, so incredibly fragile and sad. She was no longer full of sunshine and happiness. 

"What? Sunny-ah, you can't quit! I-"

"I'm sorry..." she said as she looked into JoongKi's eyes. Before she could stop herself, she felt a tear roll down her red cheeks. And just like that, she was gone.

---

Sorry for the really sad chapter!

but oh my gosh this is sad, maybe just to me cause I'm listening to a sad song right now ^_^

anyway, I'll be sure to post soon so please comment and subscribe and vote! :))