I Can't

Unknown Love

"I can't believe you!" said Jessica as a smile crept onto her flawless face. She stood in the busy kitchen as she waited for the luxurious platter of steak to leave the heated pan. Although Sunny already had her dishes placed securely on the palms of her hands, she was unable to leave the kitchen as her sister was constantly pounding on her about the happenings of last night. Sunny's face filled with a beautiful brightness as she reminisced on the memories of her first date with JoongKi. She remembered how comfortable and happy she felt by the end of the night, and the reluctant sadness that followed after they departed. She remembered the soft, warm feeling of JoongKi's hand against hers as they walked slowly in the rain, dreading the moment they reached Sunny's apartment building.

"You have to tell me everything!" exclaimed Jessica excitedly as she quickly glanced over to the chef who was preparing the white plate for the steak. Sunny laughed at her sister's nosiness then shook her head softly.

"I'll tell you after work," she said. Jessica groaned impatiently as she tried to convince Sunny to tell her more, but Sunny feared the food would cool down before it reached its destination and quickly left Jessica's persistent presence. She walked over to the table across the dining room and smiled at the two seated men. They both wore expensive looking suits and intimidated Sunny a bit, but she always managed to smile her brightest. "Here you are," said Sunny gently as she focused on setting the plates down gently in front of the right man. "Will there be anything else?" asked Sunny, her voice now full of life and joy. She held the tray in both hands and pressed it against her torso comfortably. 

"Maybe just one more thing," said one of the men, a smile on his face.

"Yes?" asked Sunny, her eyes big and cute as she listened intently.

"Is your number available?" asked the man as his smile turned into a smirk.

Sunny blushed as she heard his request then looked over at the other man. She searched for her words and replied after a short break of uncomfortable silence.

"Sorry sir, I have a boyfriend," she said proudly as she remembered JoongKi. She felt the blush in her cheeks quickly fade away as she saw the disappointed look in the man's eyes. He apologized softly then brought his head down towards his plate and started to eat. Sunny bowed respectively towards the two men then made her way towards the kitchen when she was stopped by a familiar voice. 

"Miss, I'm ready to order."

Sunny turned her head towards the voice and felt a wide smile spread across her face as her eyes fell onto the smiling eyes of her boyfriend. She felt her heart quicken as she slowly walked towards him. They smiled at each other and allowed their cheeks to turn a deep red color. Sunny's heart beat quickly and loudly as JoongKi reached for her thin fingers and held them securely in his warm hand.

"What are you doing here?" asked Sunny quietly as she let out a giggle of happiness. Sunny knew she didn't look very professional at the moment, but the thought of having JoongKi's hands on hers was enough to tune out the whole world. 

"I missed you. And I wanted to try out this restaurant. I wish you could try it out with me though," he said, his lip formed an excessive pout, making Sunny laugh. 

"Sorry, but I'll be your waitress! What would you like?" asked Sunny, her smile never leaving her face as she reached for her notepad and pen.

"Hmm, maybe the ojingaboekum," said JoongKi as he read off the menu after giving Sunny her hand back. The moment reminded Sunny of their first encounter and made her giggle. 'It's so cliche how I ended up loving you' thought Sunny as she happily wrote down his order.

"Will that be it?" asked Sunny as she finished writing down his order and looked him in the eyes. JoongKi's mouth parted involuntarily as he looked back into Sunny's eyes. His thoughts filled with nothing but Sunny's beauty as he admired the way the sun reflected off of her illuminatingly bright face. He remembered the way the sun landed on Sunny's face when she was still his assistant and smiled absentmindedly.

"You also have to go on a date with me tomorrow," said JoongKi, his face full of a joking seriousness. Sunny giggled then agreed happily before heading towards the kitchen.

---

JoongKi burped loudly for the third time. He smiled then leaned back on his chair as he rubbed his full stomach contently. He was incredibly satisfied with his meal at DongHae's restaurant and his heart was filled with nothing but happiness and love as he remembered his encounter with his beautiful girlfriend. 'I really hit the jackpot this time' thought JoongKi as he smiled at the small desk across the room. He remembered staring at Sunny as she grumpily mumbled to herself about how much of a jerk he was. he giggled at the memory then shook his head softly, a smile on his face. A soft knock on the door caught his attention.

"Um, yes, come in," he said as he cleared his throat. He smiled at Kyungsoo as he made his way into the room. His eyes were big and unmoving as he looked down at JoongKi.

"Mr. Song is requesting your presence," he said as he bowed then left the room. JoongKi sat, confused, as he wondered what the occasion was. His father almost never called him to his office, so it was not unexpected when JoongKi's hands started to sweat anxiously. He got up and quickly followed Kyungsoo's footsteps until he was face to face with his father. JoongKi wondered how his father could work in such an isolated part of the building, but never thought to ask.

"Where were you last night?" asked Mr. Song, his voice deep and intimidating. JoongKi wiped his sweaty hands on his pants and replied carefully, unsure of why his father looked so angry.

"I, um, I was out with a friend," he replied.

"This 'friend'. Does she go by the name of Sunny Lee?" asked his father as he finally met eyes with his son.

JoongKi looked back at his father, confused as to why he knows such information. "Um, yes. How did you-"

"What idiot thoughts did you have to allow this?! This is the competition's daughter! Do you know the stories that slimy paparazzi will create with this information? 'Song Jewelry uses Mr. Lee's daughter to climb to success'!" said Mr. Song as he mimicked a possible news article headline. JoongKi looked down as he thought about his father's words. He never thought that such an innocent relationship could be so misunderstood. He wondered about how their relationship will continue, how secretive they'd have to be. He felt a sadness fill his stomach as he thought about how frustrating it would be for Sunny to hide her identity every time they went out. He apologized mentally over and over again as he thought about Sunny.

"What am I supposed to do?" asked JoongKi.

"Break up with her of course!"

"What?! Appa, I can't! I lov-"

"I don't care about it son. This business is more important than this relationship. If I find out that you are still dating this woman after hearing what I've said, don't be so quick to assume you will keep your position as the future CEO."

Although JoongKi agreed with his father and promised to abide his demands, something completely different filled his thoughts. 'Sunny and I will just have to be careful. There is no way I'm breaking up with her.'

---

Thanks for reading! 

Please comment and subscribe and all that happy stuff!

I'm sorry about the boring chapters, I'm in a rut.

Anywho, this story will be complete in a few more episodes, BUT don't worry, I'll make sure to start another story right after :)

What would you guys like to see? SunSun? Any other Sunny couples you guys like? 

Please comment and I'll choose the best one! :)