What A Jerk

Unknown Love

Sunny woke to the sound of her alarm clock ringing through her ears. An annoying Japanese jingle rang throughout her room before she reached over and pressed the snooze button. 'Why did appa buy me this clock' she asked herself as she looked at the time on her phone. She turned over and looked at the small picture frame on her night table beside her bed. A warm smile filled her beautiful face as she stared at the handsome man in the photo. "I can't wait to see you next week oppa," she said as she kissed the photo. The man was her boyfriend, Sungmin. He was on a trip to Taiwan with his family and will be back in 5 days.

Quickly, she sprung out of bed and started to get ready like how she normally did.

---

"Good morning," sang Sunny as she smiled at her unnie, Jessica. Jessica smiled back softly as was full of rice. Sunny quickly filled her bowl with rice then started to eat.

"Sunny-ah, don't eat like a pig!" said Jessica as she rested her chopsticks down softly. Sunny scrunched her nose up at Jessica then continued eating, she couldn't care less.

"Good morning appa," said Jessica as she and Sunny bowed to their father. He smiled at them proudly then sat and started to eat. Jessica noticed that his smile was not as bright and he had dark circles under his eyes. "appa, gwaenchanha?" asked Jessica as she looked at her father closely. Sunny looked up at her father worriedly.

"Don't worry girls, I'm alright. I just haven't been sleeping," confessed their father.

"It's because of that new competition isn't it? Tell us what company it is and we'll use our social media powers to tear them down!" said Sunny as she raised her phone into the air proudly. Jessica and her father chuckled at Sunny's childish behavior then continued eating.

"Don't worry about it Sunny, I have it under control."

---

Sunny collected the empty plates from the table she was serving and happily collected the 5000 won they left as a tip. Sunny worked at a small yet successful restaurant a few blocks away from her home. She was trying to come up with enough money to get her own apartment, but she was only half way there and she doesn't get paid very much. "Sunny-ah, look," whispered TaeYeon, Sunny's best friend. She pointed to table seven where a handsome man sat. He read the menu while sipping on his water. He wore a tailored silver suit and his hair was swept back neatly. He looked gorgeous. 

"Who is he?" asked Sunny as she walked with TaeYeon to the back of the restaurant. 

"I don't know, but I wish I could find out. He's on your table, don't leave Mr. gorgeous waiting," said TaeYeon as she gently shoved Sunny towards the table.

Sunny put on her most beautiful smile then walked towards the table. "annyeonghaseyo, are you ready to order?" asked Sunny. The man did not look up from his menu and spoke in a cold tone, instantly making Sunny feel as if she was annoying.

"black bean noodles, and hurry it up," he demanded. Sunny scrunched her face up and replied in a less cheerful tone, "will that be it?"

"seems like it," replied the man, a look of annoyance on his handsome face. Sunny glared at him before walking towards the kitchen.

"What a jerk," she whispered to herself.

 

-----------

 

First story!

Please comment! ^_^

Who do you think the man is?? ^.^