The countdown

Let me be the one

   Today the leaves are vivid and the air is cold and kind of dry, the perfect day for a day out. At least that's what I would say If I wasn't so tired.Yesterday and the day before that I couldn't sleep due to my brain not being able to proccess what shin told me. "your coming with me" those words echoed in my head at least a thousand times, the more I thought about it the more nerveous I had become. Just the thought of flying on a plane with shin and sharing a hotel with him is nerve racking! Deep down I know I should decline the more than generous offer but I can't because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Aside from being tired me and shin are supposed to go to the mall and the theater to go see Dracula untold, the movie starts at 4:15pm but were going to leave at 2:30pm so we can explore the shopping places and I'm all ready for our day of fun. I'm wearing a plaid black and white button down shirt with a white scarf with skulls on it and some regular blue jeans, I couldn't wait to see what shin was wearing but then again it's just another outing and he's probably just wearing his usual stuff. It's already 2:00pm and Im waiting in the kitchen sipping some earl grey tea and thinking about how shin will look. About 5 minutes later I hear a knock at the door and yell for shin to let himself in.

"COME INNN!!"

I left the door unlocked so I could see shin strut his stuff and sure enough I wasn't disapointed.

"Hey, you left the door unlocked this time"

He walked in and It was breathtaking, Shin wore a white button down shirt with a brown nice jacket and a blue tie along with dark blue pants. And to top it all off he wore black glasses the made the whole outfit pop. I was stunned and I knew on the inside I was blushing like crazy at how handsome he looked and how basic I looked.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing uhhh lets get going"

I quickly grabbed my keys and wallet and we both headed out. We started walking down the street towards the bus stop when shin reached out towards my scarf and held the end of it.

"Oh are these skulls? I wish I had a scarf like this"

I got stiff and almost choked on air, I'm not used to people complimenting me and recieving one from Shindong was like recieving the biggest slice of chocolate cake at a party.

"well you look really fresh today"

I face palmed at my terrible response but Shin just laughed, That smile always had me captivated and always gave me energy. The bus arrived and we hopped on, Shin sat next to the window and I sat right next to him although I was a bit hesitant. The bus drove on and shin was enjoying the view of the colorful leaves, I started looking at him as he was taken in by the beautiful scenery. His face looked really soft and his lips looked more plump than ever. His glasses made him look even more handsome, the overall contour of his profile was amazing.

"*whats going on in that mind of yours...*"

I blurted out without realizing it.

"Huh?"

Shin turned his head and looked at me with a half confused face. I got to have a really good look up close and my heart started beating faster.

"nothing, just talking to myself hehe"

I laughed sarcastically as I pretended to fix my scarf.

We finally got off the bus and headed in the mall and the first thing we saw was a dairy queen.

" you want to try some dairy queen icecream?"

Shins eyes brightened up as we walked towards the store. I got him a cookies and cream blizzard and I got a midnight truffle blizzard. Shin took his first taste and instantly hummed in satisfaction. I giggled at his reaction.

"that good huh?"

"Oh yes! where has this been all my life?"

Shin begins to gobble up his icecream and gets a brainfreeze, I laughed as he held his head and groaned a bit but as soon as he felt better I developed a brain freeze to and shin burst out in laughter.

"it's not funny!"

"Then why am I laughing?"

We both laughed and I grabbed a spoonful of my icecream and offered it to shin while holding it towards his mouth as he took the offer and ate it without hesitation. I was surprised at how fast he ate it. The next store we headed to after we finished our icecream was hottopic. I power walked in and started scattering around everywhere as I gawked at the new stuff they had, shin walked up to me and asked

"so you like this type of style?"

"yea, Im not so much into the goth look but I like the tomboyish look and they have really good stuff here"

Shin nodded his head as he walked off to look at some things. I walked towards the back and saw the same scarf I was wearing for $10. I grabbed it and payed for it as fast as I could without letting shin know ("I hope he likes it") I smiled as I looked at the bag it came in, I couldn't wait to give it to him. Shin walked up and asked what was in the bag but I told him it was just girl stuff as we walked out of the store and explored a couple more stores.

It's now 3:45pm and we head out of the mall and across the street to the theater. While walking across the street I almost trip on a crack in the road but shin grabs my hand and helps me stabelize myself. I then tense up because his hand is so warm and soft, and it caught me off gaurd. He lets go and makes sure im fine and I dust myself off like I fell in a pile of dirt and power walk ahead of him ("get ahold of yourself damit, all he did was help me...and hold my hand") a giant smile came across my face at the thought of him and I holding hands, I hear shin behind me calling my name and trying to catch up as I head in the theater first. I buy the tickets and shin buys the popcorn and drinks as we head in. We pick seats right at the top and strait in the middle so we can see everything and not have to deal with trying to see over peoples heads. People start heading in as the trailers begin and we begin to munch on our popcorn, part of me wanted the overlly used "our hands touch while getting popcorn thing" to happen but I was to embarressed for something like that.

"*I think you'll like this movie*"

I wispered into his ear"

"*I know I'll like it*"

He turns his head and looks at me as my head was still close to his from wispering in his ear ("way to close!") I back away quickly as the movie begins and I try to calm myself (" whats wrong with me?") I grab my chest tightly as the pounding of my heart continues. After a while my heart calms down and I watch the movie with shin. About a hour in and were all out of popcorn and I gesture shin that im going to get some and I leave, I get to the lobby and refil the popcorn and sit down at a small table. ("why do I keep feeling like this when im around him? is there something wrong with me?") I think for a while without realizing that the movie ended and people started walking out, shin walks up to me with a confused face.

"Where were you?"

"sorry about that I uhhhh got distracted"

"really? you think ill believe that?"

I knew I was a bad liar but I didnt think he would catch me lying now. He sat down across from me and I didn't know what to say or what to think for that matter, all I was thinking about was him and how I felt. I struggled to get out my respons as he continued to look at me while people were passing us.

"Whats going on?"

"It was nothing, I had to get some air because I have panic attacks in large crowds"

Shin sighs but not in relief but as if he knew I was lying but decided to leave it alone, he gets up and gestures for us to go. I felt bad for not telling him the truth but how does one bring up something like this. We catch the bus back to my house and I stop at the door and give him the bag with his scarf, he opens it and pulls out the scarf as his face brightens up. He looks at me then the scarf then back at me like he was a kid who just got the best toy truck ever.

"no way! the scarf?"

"All yours, thats if you like it.."

"Of course I like it! thank you!"

Shin suddenly hugs me tightly while grasping the scarf, suddenly my breath dosnt want to leave as my heart beats abnormally fast. I couldn't even hug him back because I was so surprised. He let go and began walking home while waving at me until I could no longer see him. I walked in slowly and tossed down my keys on the ground as I realize what just happened, I stand still as I realize something else ("SHIN ATE OFF MY SPOON!!.....that was a kiss by default...") I crouch and hug my knees as Im to embarrassed to stand.