Don't keep me waiting

Let me be the one

I can see the sunlight shine through the curtains as I lazily get up rubbing my woozy head (when did I go to sleep?) I glance at the alarm clock beside me and it’s about 5 minutes past 10am (oh right…last night…) I wrap the blanket around me as I remember what all happened yesterday evening. (Oh man I met so many people yesterday) remembering how shin made me say hi to everyone that said hello to him was too much for my introverted soul to bear. I remember coming back to the hotel around 11pm and passing out on my bed as shin apologizes frantically for having me take in too many people and everything all at once, it was kinda cute the way he was apologizing but after that I don’t remember much.

 

12:30 hits and I had just finished my shower and getting dress and I still haven’t see shin yet. (Should I knock on his door?) I walk over to his door and stand there seriously considering knocking and possibly waking up a sleepy shin. The thought of him being half asleep and possibly half dressed made my heart skip a beat as I scurry over to the living room couch and turn on the television to something random when I hear shuffling coming from shins room. 

You awake?

I hear him yell from the other side of the door.

“Yes, I just got up “

I hear the door creak open as shin walks through the door as if a model just walked in. Looking sharp as ever his attire consists of black slacks, a white v neck T-shirt with a thin grey low cut sweater, and to top it off he has a black jacket with a dark blue plastic rose on the right of the jacket with a grey plaid scarf and black and grey big rimmed glasses it was a thing of beauty, what made it really pop was his swooped to the side hair that made him look all the more mature and cool. He gave off the vibe of a business man who obviously knew what he was doing and certainly knew how to dress. 

I have a meeting to go to regarding my leaving for two years, I’ll be back in a couple of hours and then we can grab a bite to eat if you’d like?

“Yea that sounds good…be safe “

I can’t help but stare at him as he walks over to the door and puts his nice shoes on. He notices me staring and raises his eyebrow.

“Do I look ok?

I snap out of my daze and quickly think of a response.

“Yea you look great! “

I can feel my face blush as I try to play off the fact that I was very clearly staring at him like he was a piece of chocolate cake just calling my name.

“I’ll text you if plans change, you can go explore if you wish

Shin walks out and I plant my face in the couch cushion trying to get shins handsomeness out of my head (I’d love to go on a date with him if he kept that outfit on) I shriek in happiness at the thought and roll onto the floor staring at the ceiling. I put my hand to my heart and close my eyes concentrating on the speed of my heart.

“I need to do something about this “

Though I love being here with shin and just being friends like this is more than enough I can’t help but want more.

 

It’s about 5:43pm and no word from shin, I begin to wonder if he had somewhere else to go or someone else to see.  I walk over to my suitcase and pull out my headphones, MP3 player, sketchbook and pencils hoping to get some inspiration, I still felt like I was in a completely different world being in this hotel. It felt like I was in a house a very beautiful house, my room was in the back along with a bathroom a couple feet away from the bed. A couple feet away from the front of the bed was the doorway leading to the living room with a couch and a couple of recliner chairs, in front of the couch was a glass table and a flat screen television with a couple of plants beside it. On the left side of the couch was the door leading into the hallway and on the right was the window which had a small table and 2 chairs in front of it to sit and enjoy the view, and alongside the window was the door leading to shin’s part of the hotel room. The whole room itself was calming and welcoming which made me feel more at ease. I take a seat at the small table in front of the window and pick a random song, set my sketchbook on the table opening it to a blank page and ready my pencil. My mind begins to relax as I stare at the fluffy clouds slowly passing by, I close my eyes and daydream as the soft music plays and I soon drift off into a almost sleep like daydream.

 

I snap out of my blissful daydream to what seemed like hours to find a smiling shin in front of me staring at me so intensely, I jump up a bit as my heart felt like it was trying to escape from my chest (!) I calm down as shins intense look turns into laughing.

“Soooo not funny, I scare way too easily “

That’s why it’s funny!”

I sarcastically laugh as I close my sketchbook and slip off my headphones.

“When did you get here? “

Like 15 minutes ago”

My heart jumps at the thought of shin staring at me the whole time (I hope my face didn’t look stupid, did I drool! ) I quickly wipe my face making sure I didn’t drool everywhere as shins expression turns to confusion.

“So uhh how was the meeting?”

I put my hands on my lap and try to play off my moment of embarrassment.

Oh…well, I’ll tell you during dinner”

He gives me a sly grin and gets up from the seat heading towards his room (What was that all about?) I leave my sketchbook and music player on the table as I walk towards his room standing at the doorway (man I hope he doesn’t change clothes)

“That outfit looks to good “

Shin stops what he’s doing and looks at me with a smile that clearly said you were checking me out, weren’t you? My eyes widen and my breathing stops as I regret my voice for saying that out loud. I quickly turn around swiftly and walk to my room and sit on my bed with my head in my hands trying to figure out a way to undo what I just said. In the back of my mind I must of face palmed so many times but it’s not going to turn back time, Shin walks in and leans against the doorway.

Well ill keep the outfit on then”

I look up and he’s smiling from ear to ear enjoying my face of embarrassment. His big grin soon turns to a sweet comforting smile.

Come, let’s go eat. I promise not to make you meet so many people this time”

I giggle and stand as he heads towards the door (geez how can he be so cool all the time?) I roll my eyes and smile while putting on my shoes. Straitening my shirt we head out into the hallway. We walk side by side shoulders almost touch (too close too close!!) I inch away from shin as I take a peek at his handsome profile, ( I can never tell what he’s thinking ) I begin to inch back towards him as I look down and watch our feet sync up ( If I could read minds I guess I wouldn’t want to read his. I like the mystery) my lips form a little smile as we reach the elevator.