1 in a million

Let me be the one

 

There's still some snow outside even though it's the end of Februrary, I don't know if spring is supposed to start yet or what but im getting anxious waiting with all this snow melting then coming back again. I'm usually fine with any type of weather but I favor the heat most even though im inside most of all the seasons. Today's different though, I actually decided to go outside for once even though im not really dressed properly, Im wearing blue jeans, a very thin black long sleeve shirt and a medium thick long huge hoodie.It's weird because I would do the same thing in the summer where I would wear a thick shirt with a plaid button up shirt and some blue jeans when it's well over 80 degrees. My body just chooses what to wear and I have to put up with it. I could of put on a warmer jacket but I favor this one because I can flop the sleeves around. 

 

I decide to walk to the downtown library and read a bit. The library isnt far but It's a walk for me due to my lack of excersise. I get to a crosswalk and wait patiently for the light to change when I take out my mp3 player and headphones from my pocket and stuff the buds in my ears making sure there nice and secure.The light finally turns red and I cross carfully trying not to slip on any unseen patches of ice, I take out my mp3 and start seaching for a good song to listen to that I haven't listened to a million times when I stop on a dubstep song that I got a while back but never really listen to, I turn up the volume and my steps begin to sychronize with the beat. Im halfway towards the library as I pass by a insomnia cookies store (maybe a quick bite?) I think for a bit and then continue walking (Ill stop by when I come from the library). I take my mp3 back out and search for a ZE:A song, I scroll down the list while walking slowly. I notice a blurry figure walking towards me as I continue to fixate on my mp3, I slowly shuffle to the opposite side of where he's walking. The figure draws closer when my left leg steps on a patch of ice and my leg jolts forword as I begin to fall back, you'de think it was a comedy skit from the way I was falling. I hit the ground hard hitting my head first, I lay there for a second not wanting to get up and see who all saw that when I see a hend extended at me.

are you alright?

I sluggishly sit up and rub the back of my head in pain, I take advantage of the person willing to help a clutz like me as I take his hand, His hand was warm and kind of plush as he pulls me up firmly. I regain balance and begin to thank the guy.

Thank you so muuuu holy crap!

I get a good look at his face but I can't believe what im seeing. His face is round and smooth with a light plum colored lips. His hair is jet black and kind of medium length with some strands covering his forehead. He looked exactly like shindong from super junior but I had to ask.

a-are you *gulp* sh-shindong?

His expression changed like he had just gotten figured out.

uhh yea

I stand there in shock as he looks a different direction trying not to meet my gaze, I can't stop staring at him as he fidgets a bit.

well I uhh..

Oh im sorry I didn't mean to- ouchh

I snapped out of my daze and remembered my head still hurt when shindong walks behind me and checks the back of my head, He put one hand on the top of my head for me to keep still and the other to see if there was any blood. I stand there unresponsive as my heart starts racing, I can't even think strait anymore. 

well I don't see any blood.

He walks back around and faces me.

You'll be alright just don't push yourself.

Thank you sir, please let me thank you properly. If it were anyone else they would of laughed and passed me without a second glance.

Well I don't know...

It'll only be a minute, we can go down to the store down there, insomnia cookies. Have you ever tried it?

No I haven't, is it good?

Yea it is. my treat?

Well I can't pass up on that...so ok lets go.

I turn around quickly and begin walking back towards the store. I notice shindong walking a bit behind me (maybe I came off to strong) I turn around and walk backwards with my arms behind my back.

Sorry again for inconveinencing you.

It's quite alright, but im a little concerend though

About what?

About you falling again, you're sure to fall if you walk that way.

I look at his face as he giggles a bit remembering the first time I fell. I turn around and walk normally like before, my heart is still beating fast like it's a train going faster and faster down the tracks. I felt as though it was never going to stop and it hurt a bit as I kept looking down seeing his shoes walking in time with mine. Deep in my mind I still couldnt believe it was happening and it was all just a really good lucid dream that I wish would never end, if it was a dream id rather just stay alseep. I look up and realize were already here, I point at the sign above us and open the door for him as he bows and walks in. The cashier greets us as we walk up to the counter.

So what do you have a hankering for?

I look at shindong as he looks up at the menu squinting a bit.

I can't really read english all that well...

Oh ok then ill just read off the names of the cookies and you tell me what sounds good to you.

I started reading the names and one by one he shook his head until he stopped me.

I like almond raisin.

Ok do you want icecream with it?

no Im fine with just the cookie.

I tell the cashier and hand him the money, I ordered a chocolate chip cookie with some vanilla icecream. I look over and I notice shindong looking around the store scanning it as if he was in a completley different world. Though I doubt he's ever been here before I mean who just comes to ohio willingly? The cashier hands our cookies and we take a seat in front of the store where theres a big window showing a nice veiw of across the sreet and cars passing by. Shindong sits on a wooden stool putting his cookie on the table in front us. I sit next to him carefully as I take a bite out of my cookie. 

So may I ask a question?

Sure...

Why are you in ohio?

Well I wanted to get away from all the commotion. and I thought no one would ever think of me going to some place like this.

(not gonna lie, I was a little affended by that comment but it was painfully true) Shindong takes a bite of his cookie and his face lights up as if a kid tasting cake for the first time. It was kind of cute.

This is good! this is really good!!

He started talking with his mouth full as he stuffed the cookie in his mouth, I started laughing as his cheeks were stuffed and with crumbs on his face. He stops chewing and looks at me as I hold my stomach laughing.

Im sorry im sorry it's just to funny.

mhppp wheennen dsooop

What? 

Shindong covers his mouth and tried to swallow the big chunk of cookie he consumed. He finally swallowed and took a deep breath like he was drowning and finally resurfaced.

sorry it was just really good.

Then when we get ready to leave ill buy you another one.

Shindong wipes off his face and dusts off any crumbs on his lap as I giggle a bit more. 

You know this is the first time ive herd you speak english.

Yea Ive never really had the need to speak it so I usually don't.

Hearing him speak english was like hearing him speak for the first time and it was breath taking, his voice was deep and you can hear his accent but it was still satisfying. Like audible chocolate, I wanted to hear him talk more. I was so used to hearing him speak either japanese or korean that it feels like im talking to a completley different person. 

You're actually really fluent in english aside from the accent.

Well you try speaking korean withought an accent.

I can't speak korean but I can speak a little japanese.

Oh really? well lets hear it.

For a while we talked and laugh as he made fun of my horrible japanese, I think we stayed there at least a hour or two and it felt like it's only been 10 minutes. I can't stop praying and hopeing that this isnt a dream that I have to awake from just to be bombarded with harsh reality. My mind is racing of so many questions to ask and my eyes are fixated on him like my life depended on it, He's here in the flesh having a conversation with me and im probably looking like the biggest spazz ever. 

Well thank you for the cookie but I have to go back to my hotel.

Oh...alright (don't leave) well let me buy you that extra cookie I promised.

I walk up to the cashier and buy another almond rasin cookie and hand it to shindong. He takes it and smiles at me. I can tell he can't wait to eat it.

If you get the chance please let me show you around here sometime, you know like a tour though it wont be as spectacular as everwhere else you've been. 

Sure that would actually be helpful, in the mean time here...

He pulls out a pen and takes my hand writes numbers on the palm of my hand. (Ive seen this in so many movies, I didn't think this happened in real life) It starts to tickle as he scribbles more numbers, I try to hold in my laughter as he finally finishes. I take a deep breath and look at my hand confused.

It's my number.

Ohhhhh OHHHHHHH holy crap.

Text me you're number and we can stay in contact while im here in case I need someone to show me around.

Ok ill send you the number when I get home.

Good, now I really gotta go. Ill talk to you later and thank you for the cookies.

Shindong smiles and bows at me, I bow back and watch as he walks out the door. I sit back down in front of the window and watch him walk away, (please don't let this be a dream).