while it lasts

Let me be the one

1

We’ve eating our food and haven’t said a word to each other and frankly I’m getting more and more nervous.

“Soo ummm”

I try to break the ice as he takes his drink sipping it slowly while looking down at his empty plate, I start to sweat at the thought of what he might say.

“shin”

I speak softly and look at his face slowly turn into a frown. The tension is killing me ( I have to know what he’s thinking! ) I think of countless scenarios in my head on what he wanted to say and my breathing begins to quicken.

so you come to me on the day of my daughter’s wedding…

My breathing stops as I stare blankly at him, he stares back as he looks like he’s waiting for a response.  

I heard that in a movie once and thought it would be funny

I continue to stare as I can feel my lips forming into a big grin holding back my laughter. Shin looks down and doesn’t seem to notice my face turning red from holding back.

I guess it wasn’t funny….”

I burst into laughter and bury my face in the palms of my hands trying to stay as silent as possible but I can’t seem to stop laughing.

So it was funny after all

I try to speak but I look up and I see shin looking like he just accomplished something great with that terrible joke but in reality it wasn’t the joke it was shin that was funny.

“we came here for you to tell me that?”

I finally stop laughing and attempt to look at shin trying not to start up again.

well no but I always wanted to try that to see the reaction out of people and the reaction is good so far

I don’t have the heart to tell him that the joke was really bad.

“so what did you want to talk about?”

well I have good news

My heart lightens as my many thoughts of unwelcome news leave.

Looks like I’m not going to be leaving so soon

My breath stops at his news.

Some things popped up and I’m staying a bit longer and I’m not sure when I’ll be leaving

He looks at me and waits for a response but I can’t think of anything to say, the thought of him staying longer makes me so happy and maybe I get to spend time with him longer.

You haven’t become mute have you?

He giggles and I muster up some words.

“That’s great news”

yea I figured I’d tell you first

“I’m the first one you told?”

Shin nods and I flush. Me being the first one to know such wonderful news makes me glad of how close we are and how far we have come.

“so what do we do from here?”

There’s a slight hint of sadness in my voice (what if I just go back home…alone) I look down at my hands and twiddle my fingers. Up until I met shin I’ve always been by myself most of the time, I mean I have friends here and there but he’s the first person to spend this much time with me and act this way towards me and not mentioning the fact that he’s one of my idols. At first he was a bit stiff but he and I have opened up so much towards each other and I bet not a lot of people get to see this side of him and to be honest not a lot of people get to see this side of me. He makes me feel so many new emotions and he treats me like we’ve known each other for a couple years, he is a busy man and I have come to realize that he has a lot of work to do regarding super junior and other things but it’s hard to not get so clingy towards him.

Well, we get you back home

Without realizing it I speak quietly under my breath.

“Without you?”

I look up and shin is staring intensely with his head cocked slightly to the left.

“I mean oh ok, of course I gotta go back home”

but before you go back home we are gonna relax here for a little longer and enjoy this while it last, think of it like a vacation

I perk up and glance at shin’s gentle smile, my heart beats a bit faster at the thought of shin wanting to actually spend time with me longer.

I still have so many places to show you and maybe some of the other members

(holy !) my face turns from happy to complete worry.

“ the others?”

yea, do you not want to?

“Id be to scared to meet them in person”

but you had a perfectly fine time meeting me

“that’s because I didn’t know it was you when you helped me”

valid point”

Shin runs his fingers through his hair and I stare at his beauty, wanting to touch it and hopefully run my hands through it. Shin stops and looks at me.

what’s on your mind?

“haha just looking at how nice your hair looks”

He touches a strand of hair and puts it in front of his face making his eyes cross together then suddenly grabs my hand and puts it on his head.

Here, you can touch it

I run my fingers through and feel how silky and clean it is, the color is even more magnificent up close. I feel for a couple more seconds and look at shins face and notice that our faces are about a inch from each others, his eyes are even more pretty up close and his skin looks soft and plush. His lips are slightly parted and his eyes looking directly into mine with such passion and intensity it’s so hard to look away. I snap out of it and sit down immediately trying to stop my heart from beating like it was trying to escape. I clench my chest and look down trying to control my breathing but its getting faster and my chest begins to hurt. With each passing second the pain grows greater as I hunch over in pain.

Are you ok!?

I can hardly speak as I try to sit up properly but the pain has me crippled, my vision begins to blurr as my head begins to spin as I feel light headed. My hand drops to the side and I begin to black out. The last thing I remember is shin screaming for help and the restaurant beginning to become noisy (what’s happening to me…) I slowly look up and see shin trying to get help, I can no longer see the details in his face only his silhouette as my vision fades to black.