Hold it all in

Let me be the one

Shindong’s coming over today to watch movies and pig out with me which is a perfect because I didn’t feel like doing anything today. Part of the joys of being an introvert is being able to stay home and just chill all day without it being lazy, the hustle and bustle of the outside world can sometimes be too much and being home where it’s quiet and calming is better even with someone else there. Personally I like the idea of spending a nice day at home with Shin.
Around 5:00pm he’s supposed to come over and then we can figure out what to order in and what to watch on DVD, right now its half past 3pm and I’m cleaning up in the living room sense that’s where we’ll be the whole time. I made sure to do the dishes and vacuum and all that stuff. I brought blankets and pillows out and even some un-popped popcorn for the movies and such, you’d think this was a slumber party for at least 5 people with all this stuff I prepared in advance. 

It's almost time for him to come over and everything is all ready. (" I hope things go well, I mean all were doing is watching movies") I hear a knock at the door and I let shin in.

" hey whats going on? "

" just getting everything set up, how is it outside "

" It's nippy, but otherwise not to bad "

Shin takes off his shoes and jacket and walks in the kitchen with me.

" so what food are you in the mood for? "

" well the usual thing is pizza right? "

" we can get other things besides pizza if you want, how about Chinese food? "

" why not both? "

We chuckle and joke around a bit before ordering. (" I don't know what I was so worried about this is going well")

" How about you get the pizza and I'll get the Chinese food?"

" Yea that's a good idea "

We order the food and set up in the living room, I set a pile of movies that have Korean subtitles just in case and the first one he picks is Rise of the guardians, thankfully he didn't question how I found one with Korean subs because it took forever. I the movie and the adventure started. About a half an hour later the pizza and Chinese guys arrive and we pay for our food and plop right back on the couch and chow down.

" I don't know why we haven't done this before this is a great idea "

" I know right! nothings better than this "

" being here with you makes it better too "

I stop eating my pizza and freeze up from that comment (" I don't think he meant it the way I think he meant it") my mind started racing and what was a calming day became a nerve racking experience once again. I had to figure out what was wrong with me and soon because I want to enjoy the last days I have with him without any problems. I continue eating and watching the movie as I try to calm myself from any thoughts that might ruin my happy mood. (" maybe I should talk to him about it, he might know what to do") I ponder the thought of talking to Shin about it when I realize that he has enough problems and doesn't need any more on his plate, but then again if Shin really is my friend then I should be able to talk to him without any issues especially after our movie outing when I didn't have the balls to talk to him then and there. I put down the pizza and turn to Shin.

" hey I have a question "

Shin turns to me and puts his food down.

" sure whats going on? "

I didn't know how to start it off I just kinda assumed It would come out naturally.

" uhh ummm well..."

Shin looks at me with a worry full face.

" I don't know how to really start off "

" how about I talk and when you find a way to say it then I'll listen, besides there is something I've been meaning to say but im only going to say half now and the other half on the day I leave "

" ok "

" I wanted to thank you for showing me around and giving me a fun time, I never thought I'd find a good friend here and I was proven wrong. Ive had nothing but fun with you and from what I can tell I know it's not easy for you to talk to people. "

At that moment I realized that he knew me a lot better than I had ever imagined.

" your really nice and you've been trying to make me at home even though im so far away, there's not a lot of people like you around and im grateful I met you. "

It took every fiber of my being to not cry from complete happiness, no one has ever said that to me and no one has ever treated me like this before. It was overwhelming and I knew what I wanted to say but it wasn't the right setting nor was it the right time. I can save it for when he leaves.

" I know what I want to say...and I think ill wait too. "

" ok "

Shin softly smiled at me and gestured to continue watching the movie, (" Im gonna enjoy this as much as possible")

" Oh and by the way were packing and leaving tomorrow "