Taking off

Let me be the one

   It’s packing day and I’m a mix of excited and nervous, I know I’m always nervous but I have a good reason to this time. I packed yesterday night when Shin fell asleep around 3 in the morning. We stayed up all night watching movies and joking around and talking about whatever, it was really nice and for once I didn’t feel like I was going to break down and have a massive headache. I feel like me and shin have gotten closer as friends and it made me appreciate him even more.

Shindong’s here with a cab helping me put my bags in the trunk. It’s almost noon as were driving to the airport.

“Are you nervous?

“A little bit but I’ll be fine “

“Have you ever been on a plane before?

“I have, I went to California for an art college “

“Oh really? Did you like it up there?

“It was amazing! I loved it. I was there with one of my friends and we went together and it was out first time being on our own like that, it was scary but amazing at the same time. “

We continued to chat as we arrived at the airport and began boarding and getting in our seats I notice shin taking a selfie as we walk around, I was so into the conversation that I didn’t even notice we were on the plane. Shin booked our seats next to each other. I got the window seat which I love, seeing the clouds when were way up in the air is an amazing sight to see. It’s been about a half an hour sense we sat down and were just getting ready to take off after the flight attendants check everyone to see if we all have our seat belts on. We finally begin to take off and I start clenching the seat when shin extends his hand and without realizing it I grab it and squeeze it till were all the way up in the air, I take a deep breath and relax as shin chuckles a bit at the fact that I get scared like that.

Are you ok? Hehe

“Yeah I’m fine *sigh* I’ll never get used to that “

We both look out the window and watch the clouds go by, they look like giant islands. After a while of looking outside I feel something on my shoulder and its shins head. (“he must have been really tired “) I look at him as he’s sleeping for a bit and realize that I was still holding his hand but I didn’t let go, I wanted to enjoy this moment a bit more. For as long as I could I want to remember this moment forever. I began to doze off as I was watching the sky (“now that I know what this feeling is, I know exactly what to say….now let’s just hope it comes out right “) I closed my eyes and take in this moment, making sure I wouldn’t ever forget it. Moments like this keep me going in life and I love every second of it.