Let me rest

Let me be the one

We arrived at our hotel and the jet lag hit me hard but Shin looks perfectly fine.

“How do you deal with this so well? “

What the tiredness? I guess I’m just used to it. Do you want to chill in the room for a bit? “

“That would be wonderful if it’s not too much trouble “

Of  course not! Rest up as much as you like and I’ll be back in a while to check on you

I nod and shin walks out of the room. The hotel room is really nice, there’s two parts to the whole room itself. Shin’s in the room next to me but there’s another door separating us and giving us our space. We each get our own mini living room and bathroom and a giant view of our surroundings which is really beautiful. I sit on the couch in the living room a bit and take in the foreign atmosphere as I try to get used to not being home. I wouldn’t say I’m home sick but I’m definitely missing my warm bed. I walk over to the window and open the curtains up a bit more as I take in the sunlight as it warms my face. I take a deep breath and just take all this in (this is magnificent) after a bit of looking around I plop myself on the bed and doze off looking up at the ceiling (this still doesn’t feel real)

Hey…

“Hmmm”

Wake up!”

(I keep hearing his darn voice in my head, can’t I sleep peacefully for once?)

HEY!”

I jolt up and fall out the bed as I see a chuckling Shindong standing in front of me.

“What was that for?”

I get up sluggishly as I rub my shoulder as if I just got hit really hard.

It’s time to go explore!”

“Explore?”

I stand there and ponder that as he walks around and looks out the window.

“Where exactly did you have in mind?”

Everywhere! I have so much to show you”

I cringe at the thought of going out into a new world; I swallow hard and think of what I should say next.

“Well uhh ummm you see I have a cold *cough couch* and I’m not myself sooooo….”

I knew I was a bad liar and that wouldn’t fly past him as he looked at me skeptically and walked over to me and put his hand on my forehead. I jump a bit as his palm lightly touches my forehead.

You don’t feel warm”

(Just him touching me is gonna make me sweat) I back up slowly and fake cough again as he pats my back.

You realize you’re a terrible liar right?”

I cut my act and do the walk of shame over to my shoes.

“Just don’t be too hard on me ok?”

No promises!”

As I put on my shoes I can see Shin smiling from ear to ear, it never occurred to me that he would possibly be home sick because now he’s a different person, he’s smiling more. I knew today was going to be a rough day but it’s all worth it if I get to see him be completely himself, maybe I get to see a side of him that not even his fans get to see.