where am I?

Let me be the one

 

   Dizzy and sluggish I open my eyes and try to focus my blurry gaze on my surroundings which come to look like a hospital room. Rubbing my eyes I scan the room and notice how spacious it is in here (this is bigger than any hospital room I’ve been in) I remember all the times I’ve been in the hospital and how many times I’ve had had so many rooms of various sizes but none this big. I was always in and out of the hospital but never liked to discuss it. I guess you could call me a sickly person but the people who have called me that are my siblings and they always joked about it especially my sister, every time I would get ready to go into surgery she would stand next to the bed where I was laying and would fake crying saying things like “I promise to always keep your memory and to sell all your stuff” It sounds a bit cruel but I always found it funny and it relaxed me before I went under the knife.

A nurse walks in holding a paper and a pen.

“How are you feeling?”

 “A bit dizzy but otherwise fine, what happened?”

“You had a small heart attack”

I gasp and look at my hands as I fiddle my fingers (a..a heart attack?)

“You’ve been asleep over 28 hours and your friend over there hasn’t left your side ever sense”

The nurse points to the left of me and there’s shin sitting in a chair with his head cocked to the side, resting his head on the wall and sleeping so peacefully. I smile and look back at the nurse.

“So what’s going to happen?”

I see the nurse looking over the paper and writing some stuff down.

“Well now your vital signs are all normal but we are going to do some tests to make sure everything’s all right, a doctor will be in shortly to check you out as well”

After a lengthy chat with the nurse she leaves and I attempt to get up even though there’s so many cords and wires hooked up to me though it’s nothing I’m not used to. I walk slowly over to shin trying not to tire out my just awaken body. Shin’s face is so mesmerizing and sweet, his lips are slightly parted and his hair is a bit messy, I touch his hair lightly as he continues to snooze away. I smile as my inner self jumps with glee at the thought that shin stayed here the whole time because he was worried (I must have worried him to death) I get brave and trace my finger lightly to his nose and poke it a few times making him groan and murmurs something.

Mmm I’m hungry…”

I giggle and stand beside him and lean in close to his ear and whisper softly.

“Are you hungry?”

Shin murmurs again.

“How about some pizza?”

Shin groans again and I laugh as he starts to fidget, he starts to lean to the other side and his head hits my forehead waking him up instantly.

Huh?”

I stand up straight and rub my forehead hoping the stinging will stop soon. Shin looks around frantically as he’s clearly half asleep, he soon looks at me and wakes up immediately and stands up scanning me as if I’m another person.

Are you alright? Should you be standing right now? How are you feeling?”

I gesture for him to slow down with the many questions as I make my way back to the bed to sit down. Shin grabs my arm softly and helps me though I’m fully capable in walking back myself, I roll my eyes but then flush as he’s holding my arm and helping me sit on the bed.

“Thanks but I’m fine really”

I give a reassuring smile as he lets out a deep sigh and sits next to me looking into my eyes with his burning brown eyed gaze.

You had a heart attack?”

I look away from shin and stare at my hands again trying to find the words to say.

“Thank you for bringing me here and stuff”

I try to keep the volume of my voice the same but it doesn’t seem to be listening to me as I whisper. Shin doesn’t speak for a moment but I can feel his stare burning a hole in the side of my head as I muster up the courage to look at him once again. His stare is even more intense this time and I can’t tell if he’s mad at me or worried, it’s always been a mystery with this guy.

“I’m sorry if I worried you-

My words come to a halt as shin grabs and hugs me tightly.

“Uhh uhhhhh”  

I feel myself flush as he continues to hold me as if we haven’t seen each other in years, my breath quickens as he squeezes me tightly (I hope he can’t feel my heartbeat right now) I try to calm myself but I end up getting a gust of his scent in my nostrils and I lift up my hands and hug him back making him flinch a little but after he gets used to my touch he relaxes and softens his hold on me (don’t let go)

I was so worried…”

I hear him say under his breath, I hug him tighter reassuring him that I’m alright and living, I take in the moment and cherish every second that he’s holding me even though I know I’m going to get a scolding from him afterwards. Though at this point I don’t mind, In fact I deserve it. I haven’t been honest with him and it’s come back to bite me in the . My eyes close as I relax and take in his warming hug and letting go of all the worry. My heart beat calms down as our grip on each other turns from worry too I’m glad you’re ok, the fact that he’s here with me now makes me happy in every way and makes me wonder how it’s going to be when we go our separate ways.