Vacation (Part II)

The New Kid

The trip to the beach, so far, was fun. On the second day, we had our mini “photo shoot”, which basically means we took pictures of anything and anyone our camera lands on. There was a picture of me drinking water, dad talking, a pineapple mom saw at the dining room, and even a picture of Jiho sitting. On the third day, Dad and Mr Woo had a competition on who can swim the fastest. Mr Woo, of course won, he was much more in shape compared to my Dad. It was hilarious to watch to grown men try to outswim each other while two grown women cheered them on vey enthusiastically I might add. Mom and Mrs Woo were yelling, jumping up and down, and my mom even threatened dad into a divorce if he lost. On fourth day, me and JIho decided to sneak out at night and look for ghost. Fortunately for us, we didn’t find any. We just spent our time circling the beach with flashlights and scaring each other whenever we saw a shadow.  I spent most of my time with Jiho. We were usually talking or eating or both. And before we knew it, it was already our last day on the beach.

“I don’t want to go home yet.” Jiho whined.

I looked at him. “Stop being childish.” I said and slapped his arm.

Jiho looked at me with annoyed eyes, “Hmp!” and turned around.

“Hey.” I poked his arm.

No response.

“Jiho-ah.” I cooed.

Silence.

I sighed, “Zicoo~”

“Yes?” He said and batted his eyelashes.

I shook my head and chuckled.

 

Me and Jiho were 13 at that time. We were both lying down at the park “Jiho, what do you want to be when you grow up?” I asked him. “Me?” JIho asked and pointed to himself. I rolled over and nodded at him. Jiho sat down and put his hand on his chin, “Well, I’ve always wanted to be a rapper!” He said with a happy smile. I sat down and looked at him, “A rapper?” I asked. “Yes. And people all around the world will know me.” He said with a happy grin. “Can you even rap?” I looked at him. “Of course I can!” He said confidently. “Hmm.” I said and put my hand on my chin. “What are you doing Mia?” Jiho asked and looked at me curiously. “Zico! That should be your stage name! You’ll look really cool if you use it.” I said. “Really?” JIho said with happy eyes. “Of course!” I exclaimed. “Well it’s settled then! When I become a rapper, I’ll be known as Zico!” He winked at me.

Ever since that day every time Jiho throws a tantrum I’ll just call him Zico. It became our little secret.

My thoughts were disturbed because of Jiho’s screaming.

“MIA, LOOK THE SUNSET!” He said and pointed to the sun.

I whipped my head to the direction he was pointing at, “Wow. It’s beautiful” I said captivated by the beautiful scenery.

Jiho’s POV

“Wow. It’s beautiful.” Mia said. I looked at her and smiled, “Yeah. It really is.”

*I hope this moment will never end* I thought and closed my eyes.

Mia’s POV

After watching the sunset, it was already time to go home. I frowned at the thought but our parents promised we will come again next summer. I slept through the ride home. I woke up when I felt someone shaking my arm I opened my eyes to see Mrs. Woo looking at me with loving eyes, “We’re home sweetie. I’ll tell Jiho to walk you to your house, okay.” I mumbled an okay and rubbed my eyes with the back of my palm.

 

“Mia. Let’s go.” Jiho said.

I turned around and bowed at the Woo’s and looked at Jiho, “Yeah.”

 

We walked quietly to our house.

“We’re here.” Jiho announced.

I looked at him and smiled, “Thanks.”

“Don’t mention it.” Jiho said.

I shook my head, “No. Not just for walking me home. But for everything.”

Jiho looked at me, confused.

“You know. Being my friend. Always being there for me. Everything.” I said.

Jiho was silent and I already feel the heat rush to my cheeks. I looked at the ground, embarrassed.

“Mi. Look at me.” He said.

I slowly lifted my head my head to meet his eyes. His eyes were warm, soft, and inviting. I was mesmerized by them. I could see his eye shift toward my lips. *Is he going to kiss me?*

But Jiho quickly looked away and cleared his throat. “Thanks.” Jiho said with warm eyes. “I’ll be going now, bye Mia.” He said and walked away.

I went in my house in a daze. *I swear he was about to kiss me.”


Author's Note

Hi. Sorry for the slow updates. I'll be posting Chapter 9 after this. Be sure to read as soon as you finish this chapter! :D

Don't forget to Subscribe, Comment, and Upvote! ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪