Because I like you!

The New Kid

“I thought you said you weren’t a couple?” L.Joe asked.

I felt the blush going to my cheek faster than Usain Bolt. “I uhh. It’s not what you think!” I tried to explain but I couldn’t find the correct words.

I felt Jiho scowl on top of me. “Excuse me, L.Joe but as you can see Mia and I are kinda in the middle of something. I would greatly appreciate it if you close the door and let us continue.” He said without skipping a beat.

I would put tomatoes to shame if they saw how red my face was.  “Jiho!” I hissed.

“Oh. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to interrupt your uhhh.....bonding?” Then closed the door.

 

I looked at Jiho and glared at him. “What the hell!”

“What? I don’t like him!” He admitted.

“Why not? He’s nice!”

“Because–“ Before he could explain, the door opened once again. I grew annoyed at the interruption and growled at the person. “WHAT?!”

I saw my mom looking at us with wide eyes. “OH MY GOODNESS!”

 

“What were you two doing?” My mom asked when we got down.

I sat infront of her. “Nothing.”

“Are you sure? Because when I came there you two were in a very compromising position.”

I redden. “Ma!”

She shrugged and looked at Jiho.

“Nothing happened auntie.” He assured. “I was tickling her and I fell on top of her.” He explained.

My mom nodded. “Oh. Good then. You’re too young to being doing that kind of things anyway. You can do those when you get married.”

I almost chocked. “MA!”

 

“Jiho.” I said.

“What?” He asked innocently.

“You still owe me an explanation.”

“For what?”

I gave him an icy glare that sent shivers down his spine. “JIHO.” I growled.

“Okay. Okay. I give up.” He said.

“Why don’t you like him?”

“Because you spend too much time with him!”

“That’s it? You’re jealous? That’s my you don’t like him?” I asked, exasperated by his answer. How childish could he be?

“There’s a deeper reason…” He said.

“What?!” I snapped.

“I c-cant!” He stammered.

“Why not?!”

“Because–“

“Because what?!” I screamed, annoyed. I wasn’t getting answers. He kept sugar coating everything he said and it pissed me off, a lot.

“Because I like you!” He confessed.