A New Beginning

The New Kid

“Where’s Jiho?” I asked Mrs. Woo when she went inside.

“He didn’t come.”

“What?” I asked, bewildered.

 

Zico’s POV

“Are you sure you don’t want to come?” Mom asked. I could tell she was sad. This was the first fight Mia and I ever had. Though, I doubt I could even call this a fight; it was more of a separation.

I gave her a sad smile and shook my head. “I’d rather not see her.”

Mom heaved a heavy sigh and went outside.

 

I turned my head back to the television and decided to focus my energy on watching TV. No point in wasting my time on something that was ending. I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned my head and saw my dad wearing a sad expression. “Go talk to her.” He said and left the house.

I sat there, shocked. My dad was always a man of few words. I didn’t even think he’d notice anything was wrong. I stared at our front door. I shook my head. “It’s not that easy.”

After a few minutes of trying to watch the television, I gave up. I couldn’t concentrate. My mind kept wandering back to Mia. What was she doing right now? Did she even notice I was gone? Did she feel the same way? Or did her heart already belong to L.Joe? I shut off the TV. My eyes wandered towards the photo album on the shelf. I stood up and took it. *I just love hurting myself, don’t I?* I thought bitterly.

I was welcomed by the sight of a young Mia holding a young Jiho’s hand and a young Jiho holding back. I smiled. I remember that day, it was the day Mia started to learn how to ride a bike. She was a natural. A few minutes of me explaining what to do, she got it. The bikes that we used that day are visible at the background.

I skimmed through the pages when I saw it. It was a picture of me and Mia a few months ago. I was holding the camera and Mia had a small smile, she was still holding the burger that I bought her.  I remember that day. It was the day before all this started.

When we arrived in front of Mia’s house, I took a deep breath and readied myself.  “Wait, can I ask you something?” I asked, trying to hide my nervousness. “Sure, what is it?” Mia answered. “Even if the new kid is more awesome than me, you would never replace me, right?” I asked. I saw Mia soften with my question, “Never. Nobody can and ever would replace Woo Jiho in my heart.” She promised. I was happy with what she said. I felt a new gleam of hope open within me. “Thank you. Goodnight Mia.” I said.

I looked at the pictures one by one. Every picture made my heart ache. My thoughts began to wonder if I did the right thing that if confessing to her was a bad thing. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone knocking at the front door. Who could that be? I glanced at the clock, 8:17 PM, It's still early for them to be home. Dinner usually ends at 10:00. I got up from the couch and lazily trudged towards the door. When I opened the door, I received the shock of my life. "What are you doing here?"

 

Mia’s POV

 “What are you doing here?” Jiho asked me.

“Why didn’t you come to dinner?” I asked him.

His eye’s widened. He didn’t expect me to ask that. “What are you talking about?”  He stammered.

“Why haven’t you been answering my calls? My texts? My….. everything! Why have you been avoiding me?”  I poked his chest.

He looked down at his feet then sighed. He looked back at me with hard eyes. “What difference will it make?! I mean, why I even talk to you? You broke my heart!”

“I…I…” I didn’t have an answer. He was right.

“Just get out.” His voice was hard as he pointed out the door.

I shook my head. “No.”

He looked at me with disbelief. I could see anger boiling inside of him. “GET. OUT.”

“NO!” I yelled.

“Get out!” He screamed and pushed me towards the door.

“No.” I said, firmer with more confidence. *I understand now.*

“Mia, please.” He pleaded, tears threatening to fall.

“I can’t.”

“Why?”

“Because…… I love you.” I confessed.

“What?” He asked, not believing what I just said.

I looked into his eyes. “I love-“

He didn’t let me finish. He scooped me into his arms and kissed me. His kiss was warm, loving, and gentle. And before I realized it, I was kissing him back. I loved him and he loved me and that’s all that matters. I know my parents will question where I suddenly disappeared to during dinner but I didn’t care. Nothing matters anymore. The only thing that matters is me, Jiho, and the kiss we share, and the kisses we will share.

 

Now I understand, I’ve been in love with Jiho all along. And all it took was The new kid to come along and make us realize it.

 

Author's Note: Yay! Thank you for everyone that reading this. I know my writing isn't the best but I still appriciate all the support I've recieved from you guys. Thank you again <3