L.Joe

The New Kid

“Hi I’m Jiho.” Jiho said and extended his hand. L.Joe shook it. “Nice to meet you.” He said with a smile. His eyes landed on me, “Mia.” I quickly said and smiled. “It was nice meeting all of you but we’re still busy with unpacking and stuff.” L.Joe said and rubbed the back of his neck. “No, it’s fine.” Jiho said. “It was nice meeting you guys, really.” L.Joe said with a sincere smile. “BYUNGHUN!” a female voice called. *Must be his mom.* I thought. “COMING!”, He shouted “Well, I have to go now. See you around.” L.Joe said and waved.

We headed to my house. “So, what do you think?” Jiho questioned. “About what?” I asked, clueless about what he was talking about. “About L.Joe! You know, my competition!” “Well”, Jiho leaned in closer to hear my answer, “He’s handsome.” I stated. “But I’m better right?” Jiho questioned. “When did you get a self-esteem problem? I clearly remember the time you were practically screaming about how handsome you are and everybody looked like ogres in comparison.” I chuckled. “AM. I. BETTER?” He asked with nostrils flaring. He looked ridiculous. I quietly laughed to myself, “Yes. You are definitely better.” I assured him.

The next day while I was watching spongebob I heard a knock on the door. I headed toward the door and glanced at the clock. *10:30. Jiho’s early today.* I thought. I opened the door expecting to Jiho but I was surprised to see L.Joe in our doorway.