Date

The New Kid

“So, where are we going?” I asked L.Joe.

 “The movies.” He answered. “But since I’m new here, I don’t really know the way.” He said slightly blushing.

“Don’t sweat it.” I patted his back. “I know this place like the back of my hand.”

 

When we arrived at the movie theatre and decided to watch a horror movie that was showing. I bought our snacks while L.Joe bought our tickets. We quickly made our way inside and sat down.

“Mia.” I heard L.Joe whisper in my ear.

“Hmm?” I responded not taking my eyes of the screen.

L.Joe looked at my face then smiled. “If you’re scared, you can always hold my hand.”

“As if.” I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

“Worth a try.” I heard him mumble.

I rolled my eyes and watched the movie. The movie was pretty good. The scenes where the ghost showed her past were pure gold. The only thing I didn’t like were the nosy brats that decides to go into the school at midnight knowing it was haunted.

L.Joe led me outside. “Did you like the movie?”

“Yeah. The other characters were annoying though.” I said with annoyance.

“I agree.” He said and laughed.

 

L.Joe walked me home. We walked together in silence but it wasn’t awkward but rather comforting.

“Today was fun.”  I said.

“Yeah.”

I started going inside when I heard L.Joe’s call me.

“Mia! I didn’t get to buy you food.” He started. “I guess that means I’ll be going out with you again.”

I turned around to see L.Joe grinning at me like fool. “I guess so.” I smiled and went inside.