My Best Friend

The New Kid

Can somebody throw a brick at me?

Please.

My peaceful afternoon nap was ruined when somebody ehem Jiho ehem decided to drag me out of bed. I think I should get a new best friend because my current one is getting on my nerves.

“Yah! Will you smile already?” Jiho asked as he poked my arm, “It was 2:30 when I woke you up. Don’t get so mad at me. You’ve already wasted half of day just sleeping around and watching TV I just want you to do something productive.” “And how is going to the mall ‘something productive’?” I snapped back at him. “Are you hungry? Cause I am. Let’s get something to eat.”, he said completely dodging my question, “Come on Mia, it’ll be my treat.” He said while smiling. You know what, I think I’ll be getting a rain check on the new best friend thing. As long as this one provides me food, I’m good.

“Can we go home now? We’ve been walking around for almost an hour now.” I asked as I devoured my second burger. “No”, he glanced at me with a disgusted look “And you should learn to eat in a more feminine way.” “Shut up.” I said annoyed. Jiho raised his arms up in surrender. “Hey, have you heard?” “About what?” I leaned closer to him suddenly interested “I heard there’s a new kid moving in and he’s from Seoul.” “Really?” I asked surprised at his statement. Nobody really moves in Janggok. Most of the people that live here can’t wait to move out and live in Seoul. “And you know what else; I heard he was going to be extremely handsome!" Jiho exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour. “Nobody can be more handsome than me!” He proclaimed. I scoffed at him.

After strolling around, we decided to go home. Jiho being the overprotective freak gentleman that he is, offered to walk me home.

“Thanks for today, Ji. If it wasn’t for you I probably stayed in bed the whole day.”
“What do you mean probably? I’ve known you since you were 3. You would stay in bed the whole day.” He said as he scoffed at me. I threw him a glare but it quickly turned into a smile.

“Whatever. Goodnight, Ji.” I said as I headed inside.

“Wait, can I ask you something?” He asked “Sure, what is it?” “Even if the new kid is more awesome than me, you would never replace me, right?” He asked with his eyes full of sadness. I softened at his question, “Never. Nobody can and ever would replace Woo Jiho in my heart.” I promised. He looked at me with glistening eyes, “Thank you. Goodnight Mia.” He said and walked away. I headed inside. *What a stupid question to ask.* I thought to myself. I went inside my bedroom and saw a picture sitting neatly at my desk. It was a picture of me and Jiho when we were 7, I was smiling broadly at the camera while Jiho had his arm around my neck, striking a peace sign. I smiled at the memory. *Nobody can ever replace you, Jiho. Remember that.*