Memories

The New Kid

It was the first day of summer vacation and I was already bored. *I wish Jiho was here. At least if I’m with him it would be less boring.* I sighed and closed my eyes.  “Miss me?” a voice said. *I know that voice...* My shot open and I came face to face with an amused Jiho. I quickly sat in an upright position bumping his forehead in the process, “Oww. You have a weird way of greeting people.” He said as he touched his forehead with his hand.

“So do you want to go out?” he asked. *Yes* “No.” I lied. We were currently watching re-runs of some old cartoon when Jiho decided to annoy me about going out. I, in all honesty, wanted to go out but my pride made me unable to do so. If Jiho found that I actually wanted to leave my house I would never hear the end of it. “Come on, stop being such a wet blanket. Let’s have fun! It’s summer vacation after all!” He said with a happy smile. *How am I supposed to say no when you’re looking at me like that?* I thought. “Fine. But in one condition,” I said with a stern voice “You’re paying.” I said with a smile, “So deal?” I asked and extended my hand for a handshake, “Deal.” Jiho said and shook my hand.

After debating whether to go to the movies or the arcades we decided to go with the latter. After playing half the games in the arcade we decided to grab something to eat. “So when’s the new neighbour moving in?” I asked, “I dunno. I think it was either on Saturday or Sunday.” I nodded at his answer. He stopped eating and looked at me with wide eyes, “Wait, when did the famous Lee Mia care about the new neighbours?” I looked at him and shrugged “Just curious.” Jiho looked at me, satisfied with my answer.

We decided to go at the park to past time. “Yah. When was the last time I was on this?” I said as I marvelled at the swing. Jiho put his hand on his chin in deep thought, “If I could remember correctly, it was when we were 10 and you fell off the swing and told everyone that the swing was cursed and everybody who use it will die.” Jiho said. I smiled at the thought. *Yeah. I remember that.*

“Higher! I want to go higher!” A ten year old Mia said to the already tired ten year old Jiho, “But I’m tired!” Jiho pouted. “Come on! Just one last push!” I pleaded, “Fine.” Annoyed Jiho summoned all his energy and pushed the swing with all his strength causing me to lose balance, fall off the swing and scrape my knee.

“Mia! Are you alright? I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to.”Jiho said his eyes b with tears.

“It’s okay. It’s not your fault. This swing is cursed anyway! It’s not your fault so please don’t cry. It’s cursed I tell you, it’s cursed!  So don’t cry because if you cry I’ll cry.” I said trying to stop my already falling tears.*It was my fault anyway.*

“I’m sorry. I’ll buy you ice cream it won’t heal your knee but ice cream always help.” Jiho said.

“Okay.” I sniffled.

“Why are you smiling?” Jiho asked, “I just remember something nice.” I said and smiled at him. Jiho raised one eyebrow at me. I just stuck my tongue at him. He chuckled at my sudden childish behaviour.

When we arrived home, we saw a moving truck across the street. “I guess the new neighbour moved in today.” Jiho said. I nodded at him. “Let’s go and say hi.” Jiho suggested, “Sure.” I said.

“Uhh,” Jiho spotted somebody “Hi. My name is Jiho and this is Mia,” “Hi.” I in. Jiho threw me a quick glare before continuing. “We live across the street.” Jiho said. The stranger looked at us and offered us a friendly smile, “Hi. My name’s L.Joe.”


Author's Note :
Hiiii~ :) Thanks for reading ^___^