Vacation (Part I)

The New Kid

“Sweetie, wake up. The Woo’s are already here.” I sat up and saw my mother’s smiling face, “Go wash up.” “Okay.” I answered.

After taking a shower, I went downstairs. Just like mom said, the Woo’s were already there. I gave them a polite smile and sat next to Jiho, “Are you excited?” He asked. I looked at him and smiled “Honestly. Yes. I’ve always wanted to go to the beach.” Jiho looked at me and smiled.

After eating breakfast, our parents went in the kitchen, probably to discuss about our trip. I decided to go to the living room and watch tv.

I was in the living room watching cartoons when Jiho walked came, “Seriously, are you 5 years old? Why are you always watching cartoons?” I looked at him and shrugged, “It’s funny.“ Jiho rolled his eyes at me but sat down and watched the cartoons with me.

After a couple of hours my dad went out of the kitchen. It seemed like they were already finished talking. “We’ll be leaving in a couple of minutes. Did you pack all your stuff?” My Dad asked me. I nodded. He looked at Jiho, “What about you?” Jiho saluted him, “Yes sir.” Dad shook his head and chuckled at his childish behaviour.

The car ride was dull. Only the few occasional remarks of my mom or Mrs. Woo about how excited they are. I closed my eyes and decided to catch some sleep. I woke up hours later, realizing that we’ve already arrived at the beach. I looked around in awe. “It’s beautiful.” I whispered, mesmerized with the amazing view.

“It’s already getting dark so we’ll be swimming tomorrow.” Mom said.

We quickly settled into the hotel our parents booked. I went to my room. It was small but cozy. I settled my luggage next to my bed. I was about to jump into my bed when I heard a knock. I turned around and saw my door slightly open, “Mia. We’re having dinner in a few minutes. Go get ready okay?” Jiho said. “Okay.” I answered him.

After the delicious dinner, we all decided to go back into our rooms and sleep.

 


Hiii~ Sorry for not updating. I've been busy with school but since it's summer here I can update much faster now ^___^