Beach Trip

The New Kid

“Let’s go on a vacation!” Mrs. Woo cheered. We were having dinner at the Woo’s. It was our tradition, every 3rd Friday of every month we would always have dinner together. “Where?” My mom asked. “At the beach!” Mrs. Woo said. *Damn, what an energetic woman. Jiho must have gotten that from her.* I thought. “Is that okay with you, honey?” Mom asked dad. He nodded. “It’s all settled then!” Mrs. Woo said. “This is going to be fun! I can’t wait to see Mia in a bikini!” Mrs. Woo said. I choked on my food. “MA!” Jiho yelled, beet red.

After dinner, Jiho and I were watching a movie in the living room.

“What do you think?” Jiho asked.

I took a handful of popcorn and shoved it in my mouth, “About what?”

He had a disgusted look in his face, “The beach. You hate going out.”

“It’s fine. Your mom looks excited too,” I glanced at Mrs. Woo who was happily washing the dishes, “I’d hate to ruin it for her.”

Jiho softened, “Well, you better prepare yourself. I’m sure mom will force you to go shopping with her.”


Jiho was right. The next day, Mrs. Woo was already outside our house and practically dragging me and my mom to the mall. *This is going to be a long day.* I rolled my eyes.

Me, mom, and Mrs. Woo decided to have breakfast at the mall leaving my poor father, all alone to make his own food.

“What are we going to buy? Mom asked. “A bikini! A two piece bikini to be exact!” Mrs. Woo said, I opened my mouth to protest but mom cut me off, “That’s a great idea! It should make her look y.” “YES!”

After a painful shopping session, we finally bought all the items we need. We would be leaving tomorrow for a 5 day trip to the beach.  *Something tell me this is going to be an eventful trip.*

 


Edit : I've edited this chapter a little. I just removed some of the parts :)