Chapter 8

Soul Mate

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

 

How long has it been since we last talked? How long has it been since we saw each other? I’m tired of counting. Somehow the reason my mom had given me was not convincing. I still think there is something odd that’s going on.

Is it that you got a boyfriend already? Is that why you’re ignoring me? You could’ve at least email me. Email me about your life, about your feelings.

Why does it hurt so much? Not being able to know how you’re doing? Not letting me into your life again.

I’ve been thinking about the same thing for so long now. I’ve lost count of exactly how many emails I’ve sent you. I’ve lost count of how many days since my departure.

What happened between us? Was it my fault? Did I push you out of my life?

Whatever it is, I just want you to know I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. If nothing else, I want to see you right now. I want to be able to feel you in my arm. I want to hold you again. I want to feel your warmth once again.

Is everything too late now?

 

“Hey Dongwoon-ah, do you want to go to the club today with us?” Kikwang asked.

I have never agreed to my hyung’s invitation once. I feel like going there, meeting random girls is like betraying my friendship with _____.

But, it’s been so long; maybe this is just a way to loosen up my thoughts about her.

“Sure, why not.”

My hyungs all looked at me weird. Like they just saw a ghost.

“Wow, I wasn’t expecting that at all what so ever.” Doojoon said.

“What happened to you, Dongwoon? Is everything okay with you? You never once said yes to this.” Yoseob said.

“I just feel like it now. I want to try something new. It might be fun.” I told them.

“It’s all about the hot girls there and grinding while dancing baby. That’s what you call fun.” Junhyung chuckled.

I didn’t care anymore. I needed something to do for fun. I need to forget things. This may help me.

 

-At the club-

 

The music is too loud to hear anything anyone says. The light is dim. Filled with people. The smell of alcohol runs straight to my nose.

Somehow, I feel like losing myself in this place. For once, I don’t want to care about the world.

As time goes on, I can feel the alcohol affect inside my body. A girl pulled me into the dance floor. We start to grind on each other.

It didn’t felt right. I felt disgusted as the girl grinds her body on me. A thought flashes through my head.

It was _____.

I pulled away from the girl and walked back to my hyungs.

They weren’t alone. There were girls sitting at our table. Some of them are making out with my hyungs. Some were sitting on their laps.

It made me sick. I didn’t want to be here. I thought it would help.

Suddenly, I saw a familiar figure walked past me. Was it ______? It looks just like her.

I ran up to her and turn her around so she’s facing me.

This girl is beautiful. Her body is amazing. Her eyes, it seems she can look straight through my soul. But she isn’t _____.

“Hey there hottie, want to have to have some fun?” She said while winking at me.

“Sorry, no thank you. I just thought you were someone I knew. Never mind then. Sorry about that.”

I left her standing there.

My hyungs are now leaving. I’m glad I’m leaving this awful place. I can’t believe I had agreed to come here in the first place.

Suddenly, a man came running towards us. He was drunk. But there was something else to him. He looked angry.

He grabbed Junhyung’s arm and punched him in the face.

“You , did you kiss my girlfriend back there. Who do you think you’re messing with? I’ll show you the result of messing with my woman.”

They started punching each other. We tried to stop the fight but most of us are pretty drunk ourselves. The fight finally ended when the guard from the club came out and stopped them.

We had to take Junhyung to the hospital. He looks pretty beaten up. Must have some kind of internal bleeding.

Just as we enter the hospital, I saw some familiar figures. They look like my parents and……._____’s parents.

What are they doing here at this time of the day?