Chapter six

Soul Mate

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

Ever since I’ve left, I haven’t gotten any text or calls from _____. Maybe because she’s busy too. I now barely have any time to sleep.

I’m still worried about her. Maybe she’s ignoring me because I kissed her?

That was my first kiss. Her first kiss.

I thought it would be a good idea before I left her. To give her memories of me.

I never really did tell her how I felt towards her.

But could those hugs, kisses and words help express part of my feelings?

I didn’t want to be just best friends with her. I want to be more than that. But I was being a coward, fearing one day, what we have will break apart. No one can stay best friends forever after their break-up.  I didn’t want that.

What _____ and I have is too special to break. I’m afraid I might lose her.

What if she doesn’t like me back? We’ve always treated each other like brother and sister.

I need to get my minds off her. I need to concentrate on my studies for now. But why is it so hard to do? She’s on my mind all the time.

 

 

1 months later

 

Still nothing from her. I’m starting to worry. She can’t possibly ignore me for this long. I can’t stand it. Something is definitely wrong.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Mom, it’s me, Dongwoon.”

“Oh sweetie, how’s everything. We didn’t want to bother you so we didn’t call you.”

“Everything is going great mom. Sorry I didn’t call. I was just too busy with school. It’s hard to keep my grades up if I get too many distractions.”

“Ah, my son is a grown man now.” My mom laughed.

“So….ugh….how’s _____ mom? I haven’t heard from her in such a long time. Is something wrong? She usually doesn’t ignore me for a long period of time.” I asked my mom nervously.

 

Mrs.Son’s P.O.V

 

I knew this is coming. I know he will call to check up on her.

What should I tell him? Her parents didn’t want Dongwoon to know the truth because it will definitely give him shock and he won’t be able to continue his studies.

We did make up some excuses when he does call.

She went to Japan for school there. She has a new boyfriend. She’s very busy with school work. She’s got a job now.

Which one should I use?

“Well mom, it’s not a hard question. What’s taking you so long to answer? Is something really wrong with _____? Mom? Hello?”

“Oh sorry son, I was thinking about something else. About _____, she um, she moved to Japan for her studies. Her parents are still here though. She’s living with her relative. She doesn’t really call back because she’s busy with school work there. You understand right?”

 

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

 

Japan!? She moved to Japan without telling me? How could she?

“Japan you said? Really? How come no one has told me about this? I could at least say goodbye to her.” I said.

“About that too son, _____ didn’t want you to worry too much since you are so busy with school. She didn’t want to bother you.” My mom told me.

“Bother me? We’re best friends! Bother? How could she think that? How could any of you think that?” I yelled through the phone.

“I’m sorry hun, but all of us thought it was the best way. Saying goodbye is just too hard. I guess she couldn’t stand it twice.”

“Fine, whatever. I’ll call you guys later. Bye.” I hanged up.

She left without telling me. She must have been mad about the kiss. Gosh. Everything is so damn complicated.

My heart hurts.