Chapter 27

Soul Mate

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

 

“Dongwoon-ah, I have something for you. Something you want to see right now. It’s very important. Please read it. It concerns ________.”

I looked up finding Junhyung standing in front of me.

What does he mean by a something that concerns _______?

He handed me the letter.

 

I was shocked.

How is this possible?

There is no way in the world _______ can write me a letter right now.

I mean, she’s lying on the hospital bed.

 

I opened it, finding a unfamiliar handwriting.

A note was clipped to it.

 

This was favor asked by _______.

                                                                                Father Kim from St. Mary’s Church.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dear Dongwoon:

For all these years we’ve known each other, I want to say thank you and I’m sorry.

You’re my best friend. I can never imagine how my life would be like without you. We were together for as long as I can remember. We couldn’t bare the thoughts of leaving one another. You were the best thing that happened in my life, do you know that? Without you, it isn’t much of a life at all. That’s why I’ve decided to run away. Run away from all the pain I would have to bear when you’re not around. You were there to comfort me, to protect me and to cheer me up.

Remember those silly fights we had? I miss that. We would always make up to one another and just forget the reason why we had a fight in the first place. You always treat me with ice cream because you know that’s the only thing that would calm me down. I’d always order strawberry flavor and you’d always order chocolate chip ones. I wish we can still have those ice cream dates.

It’s been so long since I’ve talk to you in person. I miss talking to you. Did you miss talking to me too? I thought you would’ve gotten a girlfriend by now with that good look you have. Your friends, they seem nice. You’ve got good friends to keep you company while I was gone. I’m glad.

You’re the one that changed my life. You made me the happiest person in the world. I wouldn’t ask for more. You complete my life. How I wish I can tell you all these things in person.

Those memories we shared were the best dreams I’ve had for the past 3 years. They bring the happiness. Looking back at the old days made me realize that having you is enough.

Thank you for all those memories, thank you for making me the happiest person in this world, thank you for all those ice creams, thank you for having to put up with me and thank you for saying I love you to me.

I don’t know if I’ll ever return. If I do, I’ll be sure to tell you something in person. If I don’t, I want you to know that I’d glad we’ve met.

“3words, 8 letters, 3 syllables, 5 vowels, 3 consonants, 2 nouns, one emotion, many meanings, a big lie, a rare truth……”

I love you.

This is the first time I’ve ever truly wanted to write a letter to someone special.

I need to tell you.

No, I want to tell you.

I really appreciate everything you’ve done for me.

 

 

 

Dongwoon-ah

Goodbye.