Chapter 7

Soul Mate

Your P.O.V

 

“Yah, Dongwoon oppa, stop running so fast.” I shouted.

Trying to catch up the little boy in front of me.

“Come on, _____-ah! Hurry!” He shouted.

Aish, this boy. Couldn’t he tell that a girl like me cannot possibly run as fast as he?

Suddenly I felt a hand grabbing mine.

“We don’t want to miss the beautiful fireworks now do we _____-ah?” He smiled at me.

Now he’s pulling my hands and starts to run.

 

That was when I was eight years old.

 

We look so cute together. No wonder so many adults around us think we were young married couple.

We watched the fireworks together sitting on the grass. It was a beautiful night.

“Wow, the fireworks are so beautiful. Don’t you think so too oppa?”

“Yeah. They look so cool.”

The both of us, looking at fireworks with our bright eyes.

 

Hold on, how is it possible of me revisiting my favorite memories like this?

But I like this. It’s like I’m dreaming. A very good dream.

I don’t ever want to leave. These memories make me smile. They brightened my day.

 

Now I’m sitting at the same place where we watched the fireworks. But this time, it was different. I was sitting here watching something else.

Aha, I think that’s when I was 15. Wait, that’s when this one guy was trying to ask me out.

“Um, _____-ah…” he said.

“Yes?”

“You know how we’ve been going to the same school for about 3 years now, and that we have some classes together….”

“I know, isn’t that funny? Who thought we’d actually see each other so often?” I laughed.

“Well, I’m just wondering, you know, if you want to, like, um, you know…….”

“Will you just say it already? I don’t get what you’re trying to tell me here.”

“WOULD YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND?” He suddenly shouted on top of his lung.

“…..”

“Well? What would your answer be?”

“I….I think…”

“Yah, _______-ah! I’ve been looking for you for 20 minutes now. Where have you been?” Dongwoon oppa suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

“Sorry, I have to go now.” I said apologetic to the guy.

“But wait, hold on….Is HE your boyfriend?”

I didn’t answer him. But in my heart, I already know the answer.

 

It felt weird looking at me like this. But I looked happy when Dongwoon showed up. I guess I have relieved back then. Not wanting to answer the guy’s question.

I smiled. Dongwoon does look like an overprotective boyfriend to many people’s eyes.

I followed myself.

 

“What was that all about? What were you doing alone with that guy?” He asked me suddenly.

“Oh uh..about that guy..don’t worry, nothing bad happened.” I try to laugh it off.

“WAS HE ASKING YOU TO BE HIS GIRLDFRIEND?”

Oh goodness, how did he know?

“Well is he or is he not? Answer me!”

Was my face that obvious?

“Yeah, he was.” I blushed.

I watched him closely. He looks like he was about to explode. His face was red and furious. Like I’ve committed a crime or something.

“DID YOU SAY YES TO HIM?” He asked me instantly.

“Of course not, oppa. I would never say yes to him. Never.”

“Good, he doesn’t deserve you anyways.”

“Who are you to judge the guys? Are you my mother?” I asked him jokingly.

His face suddenly becomes red like a tomato.

“I....was, I was just wondering. And I’m concerned for you. What if he lured you into doing something bad? He looks like a punk anyways. You don’t need a guy like that!”

“I was just playing with you oppa. I don’t like him anyways. I already like something else.” I told him.

 

It took him a moment to absorb what I just told him.

 

“WAIT, WHAT!? YOU SAID YOU LIKE SOMEONE ELSE? HOW COME I DON’T KNOW ABOUT THIS HUH? I’M YOUR BEST FRIEND! HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME?”

I started to run. I was smiling.

 

 

Who did I like back then? As I watched myself running away from Dongwoon.