Chapter 20

Soul Mate

Your P.O.V

 

He didn’t need to know.

He didn’t need to see me like this.

This isn’t what I wanted. I didn’t want him to know any of this.

 

Seeing him hurting because of me breaks my heart.

I don’t want him to feel pain because of me.

 

“Dongwoon oppa, I’m sorry. Please stop crying. Seeing you in pain makes my heart ache.”

How I wish he could hear me. How I wish he could feel me.

 

“We need to talk to you.” Dongwoon’s dad said to him.

He helped Dongwoon up and sat him down on a nearby chair.

“When?” Dongwoon asked.

“The day you left.”

 

 

More tears now formed in his eyes.

“…Hhh….Hhhh……..How?”

“She ran towards a speeding car.”

 

A speeding car? To me, it was a way for me to end the pain. But it didn’t help now. I’m feeling painful. This pain I have never felt before. It hurts more than the thought of Dongwoon leaving me.

 

“It’s all my fault. It’s me that caused this. If it wasn’t for me, she wouldn’t be in the hospital bed right now. WHY? Why did this have to happen dad? Why her?” He cried.

 

Others came into the room but no one dare to speak.

They all waited until Dongwoon was calmer.

 

“Why didn’t any of you tell me about this? After all these years?”

“I’m really sorry, I’m sorry we didn’t tell you about…..” His mom started to talk but was interrupted by my mom.

“I didn’t want you to know Dongwoon-ah. I know you will put aside everything for _______. We know you well enough to know that. You have a great future ahead of you Dongwoon-ah. I can’t just watch you waste your talent. I know ______ wouldn’t want that either.” My mom said.

She knows me well. I didn’t want him to have to drop everything because of me.

“But it’s _______. She’s……..she’s more important. I…….I……I can’t……….this is all so stupid.” Dongwoon said.

“We all know Dongwoon-ah. We know about the feelings the both of you have towards each other. I wish this didn’t happen to my daughter either. But this is the actual reality. It did happen. There is nothing we can change the past now. It’s all too late. I’m glad you didn’t find out any sooner. I’m sorry, but I really am. ______ would want you to be successful too. She loves you that much to let you pursuit your dream. She just didn’t learn how to let go.”

 

 

Dongwoon said nothing else. He simply walked out of the room and let his feet carried him to his destination.

He was back into his house. All his friends were still up.

 

“Ah, look who decides to come back at this late hour?”

“Did you get some tonight? Is that why you’re late?”

“Where have you been? You ditched us!”

But he didn’t reply. He walked back into his room and locked the door.

 

All of them have a shocking expression on their faces.

“Is he okay? He looks like he just got ran over by a car or something.”

“He looks pale. Like a ghost.”

“Maybe some girl rejected him. Heartbroken.”

 

I walked into his room, finding him looking up at the ceiling.

He held something onto his chest. I walked close to him, finding a photo of him and me.

I positioned myself next to him on his bed. Putting my head onto his shoulder.

Suddenly, tears are dropping down from his eyes again.

“Why do I feel like you are next to me ______? Why can I smell your sweet scent in my room? Why do I feel like I’m at home again? When I know you’re not. You’re not here. “

I’m sorry. I’m here, Dongwoon. I’m here next to you.

“If I wasn’t such a coward. If I could just gather up my courage, none of this would’ve happened. You……you would be here, right next to me, instead of that hospital bed. If I would’ve told you the truth……that I love you.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@normaltoast: Don't be scared of entering high school. It's not really that bad at all. Freshman and Sopmore year should be the funniest in my opinion. Enjoy it while you can. To me, high school was fun until Junior year haha. Good luck though :3